Narrow gauge screenshots

Thanks for explaining. The place and the landscape would have made for a great tourist route nowadays, but it must have been tough to actually live and work there back in the day.

Yeah, the towns were not quaint or charming, they were isolated and tough places to live in, very hot in summer, very cold in winter . Other then the company houses, most residences in Dragon never had running water or for that matter mains electricity. they had to rely on batteries charged up at the Dragon depot. The proof of how unappealing the area was is that , now the mine work is gone, virtually nobody lives there at all.:-(

XkgLpvm.jpg

Here is my fictional NG preservation line's engine shed area. A few rundown freight cars, a Polish industrial Lyd1 diesel and the ubiquitous Romanian-built FAUR L45H diesel workhorse, known locally as the Lxd2.

A tough start, like almost every real preserved local NG line. At least the late XIX century worshop buildings are still in great condition.

It looks absolutely marvellous but the passengers, they're 'oh so British'? And the bobby (British policeman), standing underneath the Teepcokana station sign? I suppose the British Army officer and Dr. Who (Tom Baker model) will be in there somewhere?

Rob.

Edit: I forgot to mention the matelot (Royal Navy rating personel)!

Last edited:
That wasn't there yesterday! Just downloaded and I actually already had all the dependencies, which is a first. see there's quite a few bits of mine being used which is nice to see! Off to have a proper look at the route!

When you already have quality Scenery like Vern made it made what I did easy !! Re doing the water was the hard part but it kept me busy for 2-3 months
:)
much to my wife's pleasure LOL

James

i worked on the few miles past MP 12 on the Uintah, this is now largely complete, very sparse veg here, but some summer grass pokes its way through and it gets quite green in place the hills are almost bald tho...
yyr0N0w.jpg

here no 51 pulls a full load of gilsonite on the way down to Mack, in the distance number 40 with a train of empties is waiting at the passing spur at Sprague.
WowgZQp.jpg

GCE7NIE.jpg

Hi dangavel,
I always like it.
Very well, go quiet.

Its getting there gradually, and my 2gb card is still coping with it.
With the help of gman and John Whelan, we're forging ahead with industries, been doing the rather tricky gilsonite mine trenches for all the mines ( of which there are 9) and Johns helping with the wool industry, the hardest thing will be the cliffs, as there's a shortage of images to use in splines once it get further North .

Here's a few images of Watson which is now almost competed. , the cliff splines I have will have to do until something else comes up that's closer to the correct colors used in that area,hopefully gman can whip up some new escarpments that will look ok for the cliff face scree ports that can be blended into the upper cliff faces .

T0kvFqO.png

Watson garage and short spur used for delivering oil for the trucks
NQimprn.png

sheep pens to the right will be the area used to load wool bags , we are hoping to make this all interactive
HudpOwD.png

the wool load that's being constructed by John Whelan is in the background , still a work in progress
oBdX0Lk.png

chicken coops and pens , a few things are wrong in these shots,such as a floating stack of sacks and wrongly placed crossing boards, not quite finished.

new loader at pigeon toe mine made by gman, still got to blend in the trench with the hill.
T7jWlrx.png

22RXVav.png

china wall mine has been remade and a passing loop installed.
Lgl8qjV.png

waiting for a load of gilsonite to arrive from one of the mines not connected to the railroad.

Last edited:
750 lines looking really great Ardeshir, keep up the good work.How long is your line ? The Uintah was about 67 miles long originally, but i foolishly did the extension that was planned and never made, so its close to 80 in total with all the branches and extensions. I gave myself a lot more work , although i can be a bit creative as it was never made and I can do things the way i want as long as i stick to the Uintah pattern. .

750 lines looking really great Ardeshir, keep up the good work.How long is your line ?

The line is just short of 30 km (~18 miles) long, it is a fictional map called "Polskie Koleje Wąskotorowe". The map was created to show a typical Polish NG line, the lenght is roughly average as well. The longest real heritage NG line in Poland as an active track 49km long (~30 miles), most are shorter. For example the NG line that is nearest to me is roughly 15 km long (a bit over 9 miles) of active track.

The original was designed by the user Jamal and that is available from http://www.trainz.pl/ He desrves most of the credit.

What I am running is my own modified version that (aside from some more minor changes) uses new foliage, roads trees and environment settings to make it fully seasonal.

LXnVaua.jpg

UHywskJ.jpg

lhfFlbD.jpg

uxMXPjM.jpg

Note: The forest you see in the top part of the image is pretty much all coniferous, so it is evergreen by design.

The Uintah was about 67 miles long originally, but i foolishly did the extension that was planned and never made, so its close to 80 in total with all the branches and extensions. I gave myself a lot more work , although i can be a bit creative as it was never made and I can do things the way i want as long as i stick to the Uintah pattern.

80 miles in this game is quite a feat for the designer.

Last edited:
Back