Narrow gauge screenshots

Some Timber ridge shots in the badlands

iKel99V.jpg

3VcmaiZ.jpg

tpNWs3q.jpg

jhkbzsM.jpg

The complete opposite of the last lot of screenshots, virtually no vegetation !!!!!
lsxdCdl.jpg

460 waits for standard gauge traffic to clear before picking up her La Forge helper and heading up to Glenview.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

:D
More Timbery Ridge goodness eh Norm ? just been working on this section today actually , checking out the work i did on it a while back, I remembered I stiffened up the grades quite a bit and included a spiral in order to get down in the limited space before the trip across the plain the next town. I have to replace the Jango Donner textures as they aren't on the DLC, but i think i have some decent ones of my own I can use.

More Timbery Ridge goodness eh Norm ? just been working on this section today actually , checking out the work i did on it a while back, I remembered I stiffened up the grades quite a bit and included a spiral in order to get down in the limited space before the trip across the plain the next town. I have to replace the Jango Donner textures as they aren't on the DLC, but i think i have some decent ones of my own I can use.

Your efforts inspired me to, finally, start replacing the double switches with an invisible switch and a junction link. Slow, boring work so some driving happens. :D

Thank You for those wonderful shots Norm. You just mad my day!

Paul :)

Thanks, just keeping busy. :D

NfH7eJi.jpg

More Timber Ridge action,. it took four of these little beauties to get this light load started on a 6.61 % grade on Tollume Pass.
KBRBy9i.jpg

this engine needs new engine spec, i ran it and just opened it up and left it to climb the pass and it reached 80mph in about 30 secs ! Not terribly prototypical !
tYjPAq0.jpg

Ppfd4cz.jpg

i still think these DRGW locos are masterpieces. They hold up SO well over the years.

Last edited:
Gotta agree with you Dan. I love those K's. First Norm's shots and now yours. I can't stop staring at them!

Thanks!

Paul :)

I must admit that if I could ride on one of these before I shuffle off this mortal coil I'd be a rather happy chappie. :udrool:

Dangavel,

Great shots. I love the panoramic view in the 2nd one. It gives you an amazing sense of scale and remoteness. I always enjoy the way you compose your shots. The craggy rock wall works so well here.

I can see that I'll need to ramp up my engine collection and rolling stock for this route. If you have any suggestions on what to get and where, I'm all ears. :)

Heinrich505

Here's some pix of Tollume Wye on the Timber Ridge , this bit is now 98% complete all tree splines removed and i found some winter trees I'm happy with looks wise and which give fair frame rates too.
KR7gzqQ.jpg

GM2hmOM.jpg

Thers now a Gold mine in tham thar hills ( although it doesn't always seem to want to load hoppers)
bMezQY3.jpg

B6tyqAl.jpg

I've now more or less completed the sections i never did before to about a 90% ok situation , so about another month should see this version of the route released once i tidy up all the other older bits.
gnu4d15.jpg

snAfX2k.jpg

trees are now all ?Winter collection in this snowy section
wNNmPJh.jpg

Last edited:
Dangavel,

Great shots. I love the panoramic view in the 2nd one. It gives you an amazing sense of scale and remoteness. I always enjoy the way you compose your shots. The craggy rock wall works so well here.

I can see that I'll need to ramp up my engine collection and rolling stock for this route. If you have any suggestions on what to get and where, I'm all ears. :)

Heinrich505

Norm is probably the best person to help out with suggestions as he has huge collections of locos and stock and he seems a dab hand at getting older versions to work in TANE . Prowler also did great versions of the K class engines and C16's/c19s
ttps://www.steammachine.com/prowler/

heres a tutorial on how to get them working h
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw3UIRGua8Y

Good evening Sir Dan,

;) Hope your are feeling a bit better, I blood pressure issues several years ago, so I can quite well respect your situation.

The pictures you show are fantastic as usual, love the Cliff effects with the Rock Structures you made.........

Have a blessed Sunday and hope you continue to improve.:p
Best :wave:

Dangavel,
Great-looking shots! They really show off your efforts to upgrade this route.

i managed to "fix" some K-27 engines from the San Juan Train Works so that they run, thanks to your suggestion and link to the tutorial. That helped greatly. But, I don't get any engine chuffing sounds with them. Odd. I'm not sure what I am missing. Still, they look great and I'm pleased that I was able to get them running.

Heinrich505

Check with shebashetan7 for Chuffing Application?

Dangavel,
Great-looking shots! They really show off your efforts to upgrade this route.

i managed to "fix" some K-27 engines from the San Juan Train Works so that they run, thanks to your suggestion and link to the tutorial. That helped greatly. But, I don't get any engine chuffing sounds with them. Odd. I'm not sure what I am missing. Still, they look great and I'm pleased that I was able to get them running.

Heinrich505

:wave: Hello Heinrich505,may I suggest checking your Chuff issue with this Gentleman.......?

Check with shebashetan7

I sure he could help you with the Sound issue, he is very good with Horn Sounds......Proper Application to correct Locomotive Etc. ;)

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?154335-Hornsound-issue&p=1767037#post1767037

Did someone say C-16? One of my favorites from Prowler901's collection.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I've been told that the chuffing sound in older locomotives was deliberately designed to taper off as speed increased past 23mph, apparently due to the way 2004/2006/2009 sound worked.

To eliminate the cone of light that appears with most Prowler901 locomotives remove this section from the config.txt

default-night-forward
{
mesh "d&rgw_k-36_481_body/night/night.im"
auto-create 0
att "a.bog2"
att-parent "default"
}

:D

Last edited:
Normhart,
I actually don't get any chuffing sound even when starting up at low speeds.

There is a kuid marked D&RGW K-27 steam sounds, Kuid2:43955:53007:1, which appears to have all sorts of applicable sound files. I downloaded it with the K-27 files. It is listed in the config files for the D&RGW K-27 #455 as engine sounds, but the engine is silent. I followed the fixes from the video on youtube noted above, and managed to correct all the faulty assets. The engine looks cool and runs fine, but it doesn't have any chuffing to start up.

As most speeds on the Timber Ridge are below 23, I should be hearing the familiar chuff-chuff, but it is absent. :( That green jacket #455 is particularly elegant. I love how it looks, but it is only silent running.

As a side note, I tried to download some K-28 engines to see if those had engine chuffing sounds, but they came up faulty with other problems with waterglass and window faults, which were not covered in the youtube fix video.

If y'all have any suggestions, I'm game for digging around in config files or swapping out kuids. Just getting the D&RGW K-27 #455 to run was a major victory, I'd venture to say. :D

Heinrich505

Huh, my K-27's don't have that problem. My issue is that I fixed all these back in 2011-2012 and I honestly don't know how I fixed them and then I fixed them some more when TANE came out. You could try searching my earlier posts and see if there is enough info there to help you.

Back