Page 195 of 195 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195
Results 2,911 to 2,923 of 2923

Thread: Narrow gauge screenshots

Default Dust off your U.S. 2ft NG rolling stock boys.

It's been a good long while since I've seen one of these pop up on the DLS!

(Rolling stock is my own selection.)

In the grand old style of the trainz days of yore. <kuid:701024:100119> NG24 New Phillips-Placerville v1.0 by amanda663 now on the DLS for build 4.5.

From the Description;
    "Welcome to a route based off of the Pine Tree state. This is a roughly 7.5mi route with two branches, one to an apple farm, and the other is a logging line. It features several small towns, and beautiful scenery. Most of the route follows a river, that twists around the landscape."

Thanks Amanda663!
    Last edited by normhart; February 10th, 2019 at 06:26 PM.
    California is not turning back. Not now, not ever!

Last edited by normhart; February 12th, 2019 at 10:53 AM.

A few new shots from the Uintah , White River Canyon

Ben Dorsey's last big bridge. this bit still WIP .

some new work on the cliff opposite the track.
    Last edited by dangavel; February 24th, 2019 at 05:02 AM.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

wool loading taking place on the loops section of the Uintah Rwy

the route loops around for about a mile before it comes back close to where it started. this section is now about 90% complete.

the far end of the loop.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

This route and all the rolling stock seems to hold up very well in TRS19.

Last edited by normhart; February 26th, 2019 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by normhart View Post
    This route and all the rolling stock seems to hold up very well in TRS19.

Even tho i have bought 2019, i still haven't fired it up as i don't want to spend weeks fixing stuff , I'd have to inspect 80 miles of stuff on my route, I just do not have the time or inclination ....:-) perhaps one day ....
    Last edited by dangavel; February 27th, 2019 at 12:08 AM.

Question Questions about Explosive storage Etc

Quote Originally Posted by dangavel View Post
    Even tho i have bought 2019, i still haven't fired it up as i don't want to spend weeks fixing stuff , I'd have to inspect 80 miles of stuff on my route, I just do not have the time or inclination ....:-) perhaps one day ....
    Evening Sir Dangavel always looking forward to your latest set of pictures,

I like your Sky Clouds they blend so well with your Desert artistry.......As well, I know you drive yourself batty with getting those Cliff Rocks just right, then going back to re adjust and look hard to make sure the lines in your Rocky Cliffs look spot on....And they do......It just sets the tone for your Desert area ambience...........

There was one thing you spoke about recently, was too much work in one section of the Route by Railroad Co to do with Blasting vs Bridge Costs Etc:

Quote Originally Posted by still a bit more work to be done in the distance, round the corner on the left is Ignatio, where there's a road bridge, there were two plans, one was for this bridge here,which is longer and higher and thus more expensive. The other was to cross the river at Ignatio, which would have been a much longer route and ,even though the bridge would have been cheaper, would have [U
    involved a lot of blasting to cut a ledge[/U] for the track along the cliff face. ....
    My question, where did the Railroad Store Explosives Dynamite and such, was there a particular building on the Route for this material.......I have been thinking about this for a loooooooooong time, and for some doggone reason I forget to ask you about this when I drop in to see your Route Pictures.........

Update: Thank you Dan for the insight on that, they must have seriously busy trying to keep ahead of the Washouts...........
    Last edited by blueodessey; February 27th, 2019 at 04:05 AM. Reason: thank you response to my query

Quote Originally Posted by blueodessey View Post
    Evening Sir Dangavel always looking forward to your latest set of pictures,

I like your Sky Clouds they blend so well with your Desert artistry.......As well, I know you drive yourself batty with getting those Cliff Rocks just right, then going back to re adjust and look hard to make sure the lines in your Rocky Cliffs look spot on....And they do......It just sets the tone for your Desert area ambience...........

There was one thing you spoke about recently, was too much work in one section of the Route by Railroad Co to do with Blasting vs Bridge Costs Etc:

My question, where did the Railroad Store Explosives Dynamite and such, was there a particular building on the Route for this material.......I have been thinking about this for a loooooooooong time, and for some doggone reason I forget to ask you about this when I drop in to see your Route Pictures.........
    Not that I know of Blue, they didn't use much for the gilsonite mining, that was all pick and shovel work , no mention of a store or a van to carry explosives in the Rodger Polley books. They used contractors to build the route and generally rather then blasting it was repairing damage from flash floods and dumping fill into washouts. They did have a steam shovel used in Baxter pass, if they had ever completed the extension they may well have invested in more equipment. Certainly it would have been a lot of extra expense as the extension was through some hilly country and couldnt always use the canyon floors to get to the end point as they did for most of the 'real' route. . .

Polish narrow-gauge diesel locomotive Wls150-5

/ kuid 786338

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by normhart View Post
    It's been a good long while since I've seen one of these pop up on the DLS!

(Rolling stock is my own selection.)

In the grand old style of the trainz days of yore. <kuid:701024:100119> NG24 New Phillips-Placerville v1.0 by amanda663 now on the DLS for build 4.5.

From the Description;
    "Welcome to a route based off of the Pine Tree state. This is a roughly 7.5mi route with two branches, one to an apple farm, and the other is a logging line. It features several small towns, and beautiful scenery. Most of the route follows a river, that twists around the landscape."

Thanks Amanda663!
    Ditto,

Must have been asleep at the switch PUN intended, when this came out, was passing thru snooping, and caught site of these great looking countryside pics, and then I saw the key words I really like, Logging and Orchards, had family involved in both these lines of work, long before I came around! Nothing like Fresh Fruit from an Orchard and then there's MASON JARS that you bottle up for later......Oh those where the days.........

Downloaded and will see how it runs in TRS19...........

Thank you Normhart for showing how great this Route looks.........

Update:Installed this route and it runs great in TRS19.......
    Last edited by blueodessey; March 6th, 2019 at 12:43 AM.

United States of America, Washington, Fox Island

Quote Originally Posted by dangavel View Post
    I agree, I have had 2019 on my computer for a week, but just don't have the desire to jump in. I guess I have too many "real life" projects to keep me busy.

Regards,

John