Narrow gauge screenshots

A little something that I am working on :-

cor1-trainz.jpg

Corris Rly loco no 1.

Kevin

:udrool::mop:
yay! how exciting! good job, keep up the good work kev! just as a thought, when you make Corris no3 & 4 will you be making them in Corris or Talyllyn condition, or both?

No 3 will be in Corris condition.
Edward Thomas will be in Talyllyn condition. I managed a visit to the Talyllyn last week and was able to take plenty of photos of ET which should allow me to make a decent model. I may do a Corris version afterwards but I'm not commiting myself, that far ahead!

Cheers,
Kevin

No 3 will be in Corris condition.
Edward Thomas will be in Talyllyn condition. I managed a visit to the Talyllyn last week and was able to take plenty of photos of ET which should allow me to make a decent model. I may do a Corris version afterwards but I'm not commiting myself, that far ahead!

Cheers,
Kevin
oh ok :D
there are alot of differences between No 1 &2 and No 3 correct? and the TR made a whole bunch of modifications to Sir Haydn after they got it, but is there a chance of seeing a close to up to date Sir Haydn at some point in the future?:eek: but with Edward Thomas, couldnt the colors just be changed to the Corris colors, and it could be No.7?

Im making a route special for this, i'll get pics eventually :p

cheers!
Jeremy

heres the work on my 2'3" route, the Aberglasslyn Railway, it is some where near 7 base boards long, with 8 places with signs (not all of them are stations...

here are just some of the screens :D
Screen_313.jpg

Aberglasslyn yard

Screen_306.jpg

Talyllyn and the quarry man special at Upmoore Falls

Screen_301.jpg

the station at Aberglasslyn, its kinda pendre-ish isnt it...

Screen_308.jpg

Talyllyn crosses Upmoore Falls, with the quarry man special

teddytoot, even in Wilbert's books, Falcon and Stuart were blue and green, and both changed to red when they went to the Skarloey Railway. Plus, the railway that Bulldog takes place at is not the Skarloey Railway, it's the (now lifted) Midland Sodor Railway.

Correction: The Skarloey Railway is actually 2' 3" (27"), just like the Talyllyn Railway. hbl stated that the Skarloey Railway is a twin to the Talyllyn Railway. All the narrow gauge railways on Sodor are 27 inches, (except the Culdee Fell Mountain Railway which is 2' 7 1/2", and also does not include the Arlesdale Railway, as it's miniature gauge).

The Skarloey railway is based on the Talyllyn but it is 2ft not 2ft 3". It mentions in one of the stories that skarloey and rheneas are Talyllyn and Dolgoch's "Little Old Twins". If you dont belive me its in Wilbert Awdry's book "Very Old Engines".

You could also have the Earl of Merioneth....seeing as it's losing its 'squareness' this year...the new tanks are already made.

Cheers

Chris

I was there in earlyer this month and its being rebuilt as a square as the staff managed to fix the tanks. The earl will be re-built after its next ten year overhaul.

The Skarloey railway is based on the Talyllyn but it is 2ft not 2ft 3". It mentions in one of the stories that skarloey and rheneas are Talyllyn and Dolgoch's "Little Old Twins". If you dont belive me its in Wilbert Awdry's book "Very Old Engines".
Incorrect. From my studies it is 2'3", not 2'. I do believe you, I also have that book.

I posted this shot over at the USLW forums a couple days ago, and it got a favorable response, so i guess i'll post it here as well. :)

"Bring on Fall"

Just messing around with my old "Christmas in Maine" route for 30 minutes (got rid of the snow of course :p).

~Roon

I posted this shot over at the USLW forums a couple days ago, and it got a favorable response, so i guess i'll post it here as well. :)

"Bring on Fall"

Just messing around with my old "Christmas in Maine" route for 30 minutes (got rid of the snow of course :p).

~Roon

Hi Roon,

What a very lovely and great looking scene!!! :)

I just love that scene, not because I recognize some stuff :)hehe: ), but because the way the scene is put together, mixing stuff like that - it looks so real in a sense!!
Great job!!

Thanks for showing what some of my older models can be used for, together with many other meshes - not often I see such great scenes with some of my stuff in them! :)

Best wishes

Linda

Back