Narrow gauge screenshots

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Baxter's Pass Route

G'day All,

I took some of Togog's lovely DRGW locos and rolling stock for a run on the wonderful Baxter's Pass route by ljaguilar, from Trainz Route Workz (available HERE, if you haven't seen it yet).

I have only just found / downloaded this route, but it looks very nice and makes for a great, scenic trip. And, if you use cab mode for driving (I don't), I can only imagine that the 7-8% grades must be "interesting" ;)

Cheers,
Piere.

Re Baxter pass. I came across this route a few years back whilst I was making the entire Uintah , looks very nice, and the track work is pretty accurate, but in reality, 2-8-2s could not run over the pass , the curves are way too tight.... even two 2-8-2s ( if they could have driven over the pass ) would have had a job moving more than the coaches up the 7.5% grades, hes used some of the models made for my version so they are accurate but the placement of the yard buildings at Atchee etc is only vaguely approximating the real thing .....

Last edited:
Nice one , I'm doing the pitkin to mt Princeton section , which includes alpine tunnel, so hopefully I'll get a few more items that are dspp related made if I can persuade some kind folks to do the 3d work. I too will release this to the public. Good luck with your task !

Nice, good luck to you as well. With the amazing job you did on the Uintah, I'm sure it will be gorgeous!

Re Baxter pass. I came across this route a few years back whilst I was making the entire Uintah , looks very nice, and the track work is pretty accurate, but in reality, 2-8-2s could not run over the pass , the curves are way too tight.... even two 2-8-2s ( if they could have driven over the pass ) would have had a job moving more than the coaches up the 7.5% grades, hes used some of the models made for my version so they are accurate but the placement of the yard buildings at Atchee etc is only vaguely approximating the real thing .....

G'day Dan,

Yes, I though they may have been a bit big for it, but it was more a case of "ooh, grab some nice looking stuff and have a play on a nice looking route" as I don't really have much prototypical knowledge.

Cheers,
Piere.

Butterflies and Bear Traps

view_media_post

Please excuse the textureless mountain in the background.

Last edited:
More C&S .. Alpine Tunnel route 1900 .
Just outside Pitkin, I too apologize for bare mountains.... this is WIP. BTW they did need four engines to lift about 13 cars over the 4% grades.
5I2VhAE.jpg

Greeting

A Chinese C2 locomotive for a test run:cool:

l4iWhn.jpg

l4Fk4A.jpg

Cheers
Felix

Lovely picture and loco you get here!
Where did you get these rolling stocks? I'm planning on projects for Henan Narrow gauge Railways. Saw one of these when I was very young back in China.

much appreciated! I suppose I could share a few more. While this route is technically set in preservation era, I can't help myself sometimes to take it back to the 60s.
2022-08-02_020609.jpg

2022-07-29_204544.jpg
2022-07-29_195354.jpg
2022-07-27_171829.jpg

Back