Article: Trainz: A New Era Pre-Order Site now open

Ermm......... adding any more might put it out of reach for many people with Data limits to download, it's a 15GB download already unless that's a typo................. As I asked in another thread can someone from N3V clarify the download size?

That's why I ordered the boxed version! :)

I know the extra AUS$14.90 could have gone towards upgrading, but call me old fashioned I'm a traditional gamer who likes to have the DVD's and case in my grubby mitts (maybe even a printed manual :eek:).

I placed my prepay order today. I have one gig of video ram on my NVIDIA card, a 1TB HD, a dual core Pentium CPU and 5 gigs of RAM. I'm hoping that it is enough to run the program. When I first asked about what were the requirements for running T:ANE Shane advised me to look to the middle of the announcement for that info, but I was unable to find it. I'm also assuming that the engineer taking the left track has not been fixed for those countries that use the right lane. I'm also assuming that the iPortal issue has not been fixed because nobody has responded to my question. Such is life. I still placed my order and wish you all success with the new program.

I have 2 questions about the Pre-Order:
1. What roadname (or roadnames) will the USRA Light Pacific be in?
2. Will there be a C&O Allegheny in the Chesapeake & Ohio RR, Hinton Division?
Just curious.:)

Thanks for the link clam! We'll just have to see how it runs on my PC. Possible MB,CPU,and RAM change might be needed, but there is plenty of time left before it appears on my door step!

About that USRA light Pacific, wouldn't it be grand if the tender could be easily renamed by the user? Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
What exactly is the big deal that you do miss out on, when buying the Boxed Disk - T:ANE for $39.90 ($14.90 S&H) on the N3V official store SimCentral ?

As I understand it, you don't get the 3 routes, and the 2 steam locos, and the deluxe paperwork, and a shiny collectors tin can (all of which I can live without).

Good Morning Cascaderailroad
The 'standard' edition of Trainz: A New Era includes only the base 4 routes; it does not include that the 'deluxe' and 'collectors' editions include, nor the extra printouts/etc and tin from the collectors edition.

However, all pre-orders include a complimentary First Class Ticket, 'early' delivery (shipped before the actual release date), and the two steam locomotive DLC packs (USRA Light Pacific and Duchess in BR Express Blue livery).

Regards

Ermm......... adding any more might put it out of reach for many people with Data limits to download, it's a 15GB download already unless that's a typo................. As I asked in another thread can someone from N3V clarify the download size?

If I remember correctly from the KS, can't find it at the moment but the predicted retail cost of the then Standard version was I believe around $89 and the driver version without surveyor considerably less. That roughly equates to what's happened with the pre-orders ignoring the discounts. Of course nothing was actually written in concrete, those who pledged are now getting more "Rewards" than what they actually pledged for which I guess for them is fine.

However including Surveyor with what was originally the Driver only version has totally confused the issue for those who were not following the KS and it seems some who were. Trainz Deluxe now seemingly being the equivalent of the Full Trainz as promoted in the KS and Trainz the equivalent of Trainz Driver with a bit added in the form of surveyor but with less routes to keep the cost the same.

Man oh man, I am so confused by all of this. I now have no frigging idea what I ordered and what I am getting with it, this is ludicrous. I think N3V should make it clear what you are getting at each level and allow changes for the customer. I bought the $59 TANE kickstater which now seems I get just TANE with no surveyor? If so then that is not what I wanted as I build routes all the time.

Man oh man, I am so confused by all of this. I now have no frigging idea what I ordered and what I am getting with it, this is ludicrous. I think N3V should make it clear what you are getting at each level and allow changes for the customer. I bought the $59 TANE kickstater which now seems I get just TANE with no surveyor? If so then that is not what I wanted as I build routes all the time.

They did, remember this site? https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-new-era-create-drive-operate-sh/posts/693294
TRAINZ CREW: Trainz : A New Era (Full) + Wallpapers + Get-Trainz-Now Selection + Exclusive Beta Access ______________________________ Become part of the Trainz Crew and receive a digital download version of Trainz: A New Era - Full Edition (including Surveyor module) get behind the scenes access to the exclusive Beta Test phase PLUS 5 exclusive "Backer-only" High Resolution Wallpapers AND select one of the three options from our Get-Trainz-Now Selection. Get-Trainz-Now Rewards are issued January 2014. We'll also award you with a Trainz Forum "Trainz Crew" Status Icon (see FAQ for more details).

Plus from the bottom of the preorder page

In recognition for your contribution to make our TANE Kickstarter project a success, all Trainz Crew and above Reward Tiers will be upgraded to include the TANE Deluxe Edition including all 7 routes plus the Pre-order Bonus locos (the USRA Light Pacific and the Duchess in BR Express Blue livery). You will also be placed on the priority Advance Order list. These additional rewards will be automatically added to your existing Kickstarter rewards so you don't need to do anything. For those people on Guard and Track Crew Reward Tiers, you will be upgraded from TANE: Driver Edition to the Standard Edition.
As Traincrew you get all of the above. More than what you were expecting! There is no version without surveyor now, just Standard and Deluxe both with surveyor

Thanks for this. I was in a total panic reading those previous posts about driver and such. The last part I have never read before, that is new to me. Are we suppose to be getting newsletters with this?

Sorry for the panic BTW.:udrool:

I like the idea of a sixty-four bit version of Trainz but my interest would be to convert my routes from TRS2009 service pack 3 to TANE. Is that even possible? I had a very difficult time converting from TRS2004 to TRS2009 but it was worth in terms of performance and stability.

I like the idea of a sixty-four bit version of Trainz but my interest would be to convert my routes from TRS2009 service pack 3 to TANE. Is that even possible? I had a very difficult time converting from TRS2004 to TRS2009 but it was worth in terms of performance and stability.

It is suppose to be backwards compatible which I hope mean the routes are I am currently working on will work and look even better.

I bought (june 26) Tane preorder (with credit card) but i dont see that order in my account on simulatorcentral. Is it normal?

Hi Tony:

I preordered a box version of TANE via Kickstarter for 70 US dollars before I got word about the preorder + 6 month FCT on the Trainz website for about 40 US dollars total. Is it possible that I can have a refund for the difference and/or the complimentary FCT that was not mentioned with the Kickstarter promo?

Also, when preordering via Kickstarter I was informed that the digital copies were "sold out," forcing me to spend more money on the box version. This does not make sense. How does the company run out of a digital copy?

I've tried sending a Support Ticket about a month ago but I was never answered. Help please, and thank you.

--Morgan

Hello!
I ordered and bought Trainz A New Era Deluxe Edition. Currently awaiting the possibility to download. Just never found when it be possible. Whether it is already determined whether still in the development phase?

Hello!
I ordered and bought Trainz A New Era Deluxe Edition. Currently awaiting the possibility to download. Just never found when it be possible. Whether it is already determined whether still in the development phase?

From memory this is stated on the pre-order page (the actual release according to N3V is December so it will be a week or two before that).

Shane

That doesn't really answer my question? If the engine is should be more "optimized", why does the vRAM requirement increase?
I have flight sim by microsorft and it is 26gigs I think it is time to by a real computer for tane I have a powerful gaming computer with al the bells and whistles and I still think there may be some lag in the picture when trains are moving

Back