Amtrak Revitalization Project - Large Pictures Ahead

If you refer to the post directly above the first time you asked for them I clearly stated that I won't even be working on them until after my little excursion at the end of this month. That means looking at no earlier than August for beta testing to begin and anything after that can't even get an estimate pinned to it. I've only recently starting exporting models into Trainz so bear with me please. The first superliner I put in game had opaque windows, wheels that rocked back and forth like a pendulum, and derailed whenever it was coupled to another car. Those are just the major issues.
I trust your trip is going/went well?

Yep, that's what it was. Took a little bit of trial and error before I realized it though.

My trip did go well, but it was unfortunately cut short. Not Amtrak's fault though. I noticed a few things I forgot on the Amfleet IIs. Notably the gigantic water tank that the Is don't have. No idea how I missed that before. The Crescent was also in DC while I was there so I managed to get a good look at the exterior of a heritage diner while weaving in and out of the smokers trying to get one more in while the power was being switched. Probably in the fast lane to emphysema now, but I saw what I needed to.

BUMP! How are the models coming along? Anything we can provide?

A real vent question: are you using AMTZ's color guide for these models, or a separate source?

Still working on them. I just don't have the time to commit to tinkering that I had back in the spring and summer.

It's not actual images. Just layers of color, various brushes, etc. over top of the baked texture from blender with different filter modes to get the desired effect. It's a lot of trial and error for me playing with brushes and settings to get the desired look. I don't really have a set process.

Didn't derail, just got stuck in a siding waiting for diagrams for alternators, genemotors, water tanks, AC units, etc.

Last edited:
I think the revitalization is back on track and even stronger. Was that surprise a certain GE locomotive? ;)

Back