www.trainzkuidindex.com is open

Missing dependencies ? Unknown location ?

This new site http://www.trainzkuidindex.com/ will help you to find missing kuid anywhere on the web.
Already 115.000 referenced kuid that cannot be found at the DLS of N3V/Auran.
375 trainz fan sites explored.

Type the kuid you are looking for and, if you are lucky, you will get the list of all locations on the web where you can download it.

No direct download on this site, only links to the pages of the fan site.

Remains about 100 web sites to explore. That is the beginning !

Hope it will be helpfull.

Enjoy.

Pierre

Edit 2014-07-15 :

Data base update !

Now 123 343 kuid indexed that cannot be found at the DLS, from 451 fan sites;
557 fans sites in the fan sites list.

Some tips to search a kuid:
- the author id is the first number of the kuid,
- you don't need to fill the asset version : you can only fill the author id and the asset id => you will get all available versions of the asset. If you don't find the exact version of the asset you are searching you can try to change the version in the config.txt of the dependant asset. Most of the time this can be an acceptable solution.

Have fun :)

Pierre

Edit 2014-09-27 :

New database update.

2 update since july : 12th of august and 26th of september.

Now 159,295 kuid indexed (kuid that cannot be found at the DLS). 498 fan sites indexed.
The detail of new sites indexed and updated sites since the 12th of august here http://www.trainzkuidindex.com/Posts/viewNews/93-database-update
619 fan sites in the fan sites list now.
According to google analytics about 1000 users per month on the site. If you like this site, make it known around you and in other Trainz forum or share via your favorite social network !:)

Pierre

Last edited:
An excellent tool and one that has assisted me already! :D

I look forward to its expansion.

I definitely noticed a few websites missing from the already quite extensive database, though.

Kieran.

Thank God!

giphy.gif

This is truly a fantastic site. I found 9 of 11 assets I have been trying to find forever. One of these was embedded in a content pack for a Russian route along with a couple of hundred other items. I don’t know how you do it—but thank you!

Pierre, you have made a supreme effort in providing this, not exactly an easy task! well done and thanks.

To NKP :

If find links then Out of countries website no English before download..

NKP

If you experience some difficulties with websites in exotics languages, I can help you. Tell me witch kuid you are looking for and I will help you to find inside the web page for any language.
I know it is not easy sometimes, but there are techniques.
You can have an exemple in the FAQ on my site http://www.trainzkuidindex.com/eng/Posts/indexFAQ : 'Help ! I am redirected to a page in russian !'.

I made the choice to not provide direct links to files in order not to upset the webmasters of the trainz fan sites by stealing their users and traffic.
I don't want my site becomes the only portal for all the freeware assets for Trainz in the world !!
But of course this can be discussed. If a webmaster give me permission, I can provide direct links for his site.

To all :

Thank you for your support. I am very happy you find my site usefull.

Pierre

This is so brilliant.

I wonder if some future version of Content Manager could be made to link through this site to suggest possible locations for its many 'unknown kuids'? Or maybe just a link to trainzkuidindex.com via a button on the DLS page and on top of the Trainz Forum page.

This is so brilliant.

I wonder if some future version of Content Manager could be made to link through this site to suggest possible locations for its many 'unknown kuids'? Or maybe just a link to trainzkuidindex.com via a button on the DLS page and on top of the Trainz Forum page.
And for now, I think this thread should be a 'Sticky'. :)

Kieran.

Back