Height on Trainz

hello, all. chris here.

i am making a model railroad where the table should be about 3ft 10in (about 1.17 meters) tall, but the heights in trainz are measured in some units that i can't understand. what measurement of units in trainz should i use to achieve this height?

Sincerely,

The height in Trainz is measured in something half of the world does their measurements with: The metric system. In other words: Meters.

If you can figure out the scale you are making your model railroad in, you can multiply that 1.17 with the scale you have in mind and you know the alternative height in meters.

this is what -1.1684 meters looks like:

IMG

That looks like about that ... a meter is slightly over 1 US Yard (36")

Trainz really only goes 2 decimal places so you divot is just shy -1.17m

The model RR scale setting only changes the Trainz ruler, and is basicly useless, unless you want to measure in that scale

You left out a bracket tag on the end your image line ... edit, advanced, source ... insert a bracket " ] " ... and it will be visible

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k206/chrislegos1/chris2001trainz2010_20140625_0004_zps0a9d88cc.jpg

Last edited:
Indeed, that image is what 1.17m looks like. Sorry, but I have no clue what kind of point you are trying to make.

The height measurement, just like about everything, in Trainz is done in meters.

If you want to make something 1.17m height, do so.
However, if you are building something in, lets say, HO scale, you will have to do that 1.17 times 87 (since HO is 1:87 scale).

Now I kinda already told you that in my first post, so if you have a different question or comment in mind, please state it more clearly.

If you want to simulate a model railway/railroad in Trainz, you need to make the surroundings look bigger by adding walls around the baseboard, a floor the correct distance below the baseboard, and a baseboard edge. You also need to remove unwanted areas of the Trainz baseboard to leave just the model baseboard you need. I use the assets created by itareus to do this. I have also made some model backscenes. As my model railways are to 1:76 scale I make these 76 times bigger than for 'normal' Trainz assets. In fact I use 2 metres Trainz to represent 1 inch model when creating, thus a backscene 18" high is 36 metres in GMax.

Ray

Back