Looking for a simplified routing rule

PerRock

Moderator - Read the CoC!
So I'm looking for a rule. To allow more realistic running and simplified set up in Trainz. Bassically a simple 'drive to' or 'navigate to' type rule that would set the path for you but then allow you to drive the train. The only way I know to have the path set up for you when you drive is to do it manually before hand (either via another rule or in surveyor). Which might work for a small route that you know well; but is a nightmare to use on a longer route or one you don't know.

Take for instance the ECML or the NEC. If I want to drive the length of it (or even a good portion of it) I have to spend a few hours before hand running along the entire route setting up the switches before hand. Which is just ridiculous! There has got to be a better way. Trainz has the capabilities to automatically select a path for a train as seen in the Drive To, and Navigate To (...Via as well) however those rules then have AI drive the train, and when you cancel them & take control yourself Trainz reverts the switches, so your stuck back doing it the old way.

peter

I looked at it and it doesn't seem to do what I'm looking for. From what I understand from it, I still have to individually go thru each switch and set it's direction. Precisely the thing I'm trying to avoid.

peter

I looked at it and it doesn't seem to do what I'm looking for. From what I understand from it, I still have to individually go thru each switch and set it's direction. Precisely the thing I'm trying to avoid.

peter
The first time yes but after you have it setup just pick the route using RouteControl

Hi Peter

I believe that the SCS2013 rule and editor will set a path for you to drive. Although I have used the rule extensively it has been for AI control only but I will try a simple set up to confirm that it works in driver mode.

Regards

Brian

Back