Help setting up an ATLS crossing

AMTRAKwannabe

Norfolk & Western Lives
Hi, I'm trying to make a crossing that is setup rather interestingly, it's the middle crossing of a set of 3 that are placed on or near switches with different track speeds on each track, the main has a 15mph limit, the passing siding/runaround track has a 5-10mph limit, and the siding has a 3 mph reccomended with a 5mph limit... Here is the crossing that is giving me trouble:
7fb8c805f7c1ec2420e503c4c0047d3e.jpg

I want it to activate only for trains using the paper distributors siding to activate the crossing, but trains on the passing track to go by without the crossing knowing they're even there... I have tried setting it up right after the switch with minimum trigger radius but both tracks still activate it and the gates don't go down quick enough, I was thinking on switching to a gateless crossing to solve the timing problem but how do I fix it so only switchers trigger it... I can't use the train priority stuff because of the number of locals I plan to run down this line with faster manifest freights making them pull into the siding, and I don't usually take the time to set up priority levels... Any help is greatly appreciated.

You need to re-position the triggers on the track where the crossing is, on the left leg before the crossing and one after the crossing, with the forward trigger set at least 50m so that it will see the train when the turnout is set for the industry.

John

You need to re-position the triggers on the track where the crossing is, on the left leg before the crossing and one after the crossing, with the forward trigger set at least 50m so that it will see the train when the turnout is set for the industry.

John

Thanks! Works great now!

Back