Ambient Lighting

hoborailcat

Backdating is fun.
Anyone remember this video from ronthecyborg?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHkMmWQT4w4

I'm trying to achieve the same effects for a video I'm working on, but I can't quite figure out how to do it. Could anyone share their knowledge about how to get this ambient sun glow effect? I'm using TRS2004, but I believe ronthecyborg was using TRS2006 in the Sunset Express video I've referenced.

I presume there are different red sunset textures available on the DLS, to be installed into your TRS/TS. As there are only some of these skies installed in my TS12, but not suitable for what you want. Which you then can configure with the "Edit Environment" tag, either where all other tags (tracks, scenery items etc.) are accessible on the right hand side of Surveyor or in the main menu on top left of Surveyor, depending on which version of TRS/TS you might be using.

After a suitable (very bloody) red sky Kuid is installed in your TRS/RS and selected to show after selecting there as the default sky in the "Edit Environment" window, you set either sunset or sunup with the time clock there. Look for East or West in your Surveyor to find the sun.

Seeing you are using TRS04 and TS10, probably no chance to find some suitable sky Kuids there for TRS04e, as support for TRS04 has stopped a long time ago. You might still d/load a newer version of sky and see if you can convert this to your version of TRS04, if you know how to do that. Or ask a kind soul on the forum to point you in the right direction to get that sky CDP.

Or use your TS10 to make that video with a suitable d/loaded sky CDP from the DLS.

Lennard

Or if you can not find a suitable sky texture on the DLS, I might be able to create one for you. Send me a PM or an email with the TRS/TS version you require this for.

Lennard

Thanks for the info, I found a nice older UTC asset which works fine in TRS2004. The assets on the ground and the ground itself aren't quite as dark as they are in the Sunset Express video, but I can definitely work with what I have now.

Back