Has anyone been to Moosonee, Ontario?

Chris750

Trying to determine the buildings that are at the Moosonee rail yard, I have a photo but don't know what they are. If anyone has been there and could post here so I can show the photo and find out what the buildings are for I would appreciate it.

This is the photo I have been looking at. You are probably correct as the freights contain gondolas and box cars and the flat cars are for moving personal vehicles from Moosonee to Cochrane as there are no roads out of Moosonee. The little building on the left would be? and the large one on the right with four stacks? I know the covered walk way is the station.

moosoneestation.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hi Chris,

I would surmise that the building on the right is an engine house. That stacks are for diesel exhaust when the engines are started up inside the building. The building on the left looks like a freight house of some kind with a cover over the tracks to keep the siding clear of snow so the workers can unload the freight into the green warehouse building without being exposed to the weather. Jointed Rail has made such covers for some unloading platforms which is where I've seen these before.

Given the pretty generic nature, and being metal corrugated sided buildings, these are very much available on the DLS in one form or another, or can easily be kitbashed together with various smaller structers which are available. Look at www.jointedrail.com scenery objects, and those by Dave Snow on the DLS in particular.

John

Back