Content manager problem

KenGreen

How do you get Content Manager to refresh so that it reads all items on the download station.
i have two main working versions of 49922 one on a conventional hard drive and the other on a SSD.
the conventional drive shows 310,573 and the SSD version shows 231,612 items. The reason why I looked closely at this was that I always download any of skipper1945's work and to my suprise the hard drive version showed 214 assets whereas the SSD version shows only 103.
Any help would be appreciated.

Ken

Sounds like time for a quick database repair.

Double check if you are having the same filter first though.

Sounds like time for a quick database repair.

Double check if you are having the same filter first though.

I have used the filters below for both searches
Author = skipper1945
Minimum build = 2.9
Out of date = false
Obsolete = false

I have now completed a QDR and that has not changed anything I'm still on 231,612 items.

Ken

I have used the filters below for both searches
Author = skipper1945
Minimum build = 2.9
Out of date = false
Obsolete = false

I have now completed a QDR and that has not changed anything I'm still on 231,612 items.

Ken

Delete assets.bku and assets.tdx then run CMP then do a extended database repair.

Delete assets.bku and assets.tdx then run CMP then do a extended database repair.

Hi there, AHSAN. We haven't seen you here for some time. I hope every thing has been well for you.

Sorry, but your advice is incorrect for TS12 and can cause great heart ache if done. I'm not sure if you are aware, but TS12 has the ability to rebuild the database right in Content Manager.

John

Hi there, AHSAN. We haven't seen you here for some time. I hope every thing has been well for you.

Sorry, but your advice is incorrect for TS12 and can cause great heart ache if done. I'm not sure if you are aware, but TS12 has the ability to rebuild the database right in Content Manager.

John

Hi John

I've been busy with family life and other things, I had the same problem in TS12 my database was stuck at 200,000 assets recently, I did the above in my post and it fixed the issue for me, updated the assets database to 314,000 assets, yep I agree Trainz inner file system has changed since the 09 version

Regards

Ahsan:D

John

Hi John
The problem is that TS12 is not rebuilding the database. Should an EDR do this as the QDR didn't make any difference.

Ken

Hi John
The problem is that TS12 is not rebuilding the database. Should an EDR do this as the QDR didn't make any difference.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Before you make the plunge into darkness... verify that there aren't any missing assets on your SSD version. This could account for the difference. Your HD version could have also downloaded other content, or have other stuff installed you are not aware of.

Have you tried copying over your install from the HD to the SSD? That would surely get things in synch and there would be no reason to run a lengthy and painful EDR.

John

John
The Hard drive version is used to download routes from the DLS that maybe worth keeping. If I decide they are routes I like I then copy them to the SSD version. I only have a few routes from Trainzitalia and a few items from TPR but normally I only use the DLS. I am assuming that if it's on the DLS it is either installed or not and so the total should be roughly the same. My SSD is only 75% of the HD version so I'm pretty sure there is a problem.
So basically the two drives do not contain the same things, the SSD contains all of my created sessions which are not present on the HD.
I think the only thing I can do at thus stage is run an EDR. I have backed up this install to a USB3 drive in case this causes a problem.
I will report back after the EDR.

Thanks

Ken

You may find that even though you have two working versions installed, there is only one on set of registry entries that points to the latest install. Hence only one database is updated when you are connected to the internet.

Last edited:
You may find that even though you have two working versions installed, there is only one on set of registry entries that points to the latest install. Hence only one datbase is updated when you are connected to the internet.

Peter
I wondered if this were the case as the version on the SSD was not installed but the entire directory was copied from a gaming laptop about 18 months ago. However when you go into Content Manager it verifies that version as it shows which items are installed so I'm not sure.if any reference is made to the Windows Registry.

John
I have now completed the EDR and when it completed it showed it had verified 213,612 items. However I closed down CM and started it up again and to my surprise and delight it showed 310,799 items and I then checked on George's items and that showed 214. So on the face of it you were perfectly correct in that TS12 does have inbuilt methods to completely repair the database. I don't think this worked in earlier versions. Thanks for warning me off tampering with the index files.

Ken

I'm glad things worked out and thank you for the warning. I learned the hard way on that one too!

John

You may find that even though you have two working versions installed, there is only one on set of registry entries that points to the latest install. Hence only one database is updated when you are connected to the internet.

Afraid that's not a problem here, I have three installs on the one PC and all are updated.

On the couple of occasions one install has got out of sync I found it was due to this.
What sometimes happens is that the cache contents don't get cleared for whatever reason, maybe shutting down the PC too quickly and you get a stuck ********.gz file which as far as I can tell contains the current list of updates in text format, if it or anything else in there is not current with today's date, that will be the problem. Usually updates here around 2am UK time.

Deleting the Userdata\cache\internet contents, running a QDR and giving it 24 hours to get back in sync.

Back