Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where am I?

Default Where am I?

Just noticed that I now reside in Iran. Unusually fine weather here suggests that this might be so, but I can't see any minarets. Pity though, I could have caught up on my Zoroastrian studies...

Can the person at 'everfail who made this change please revert it. And can someone tell him to catch on to himself.

United States of America, Massachusetts (originally from NYC)
    Blog Entries

So your profile moved very quickly and you are now exclaiming "I ran" ?

Quote Originally Posted by phimat View Post

Can the person at 'everfail who made this change please revert it....
    Why don't you just revert it yourself?.....You're smart enough to know for sure who changed it so you should be able to figure out how to change it back....nicky9499 even gave you a hint....

Blog Entries

He's smart enough, I think his post was made to show dismay to the community that this could even happen. A ticket may answer the question.

Good idea who did it and why - petty spite. Dismayed more by the fact that this could happen - indicating the poor discipline in 'everfail management - than that it did happen (actually some schadenfreude here, to be honest).

btw (wct?) = (who changed this?). This will remain until reverted by the culprit.

Where were you from originally ?

Whoever changed it may not be able to remember what location to enter into your profile (which you can do yourself, and nobody else should be able to do it for you).

I know this sort of thing can happen. I think within a couple of months after joining, somehow I went from train spotter (whatever the default is) to trainz veteran. I thought someone gave me a promotion!

Cheers....Rick

Blog Entries

comment deleted
    Last edited by deneban; June 19th, 2014 at 08:19 AM.

So you were drunk one night and thought it was funny to change your location and now you cant remember.
    Or you left your PC on and your brother/sister/friend/husband/wife considered it funny to change your location.

And now you are blaming N3V? Because you think they really do not have anything better to do?

Is it really so much more likely that someone from N3V did it than any of the other above scenario's?

Blog Entries

Good Morning Phimat
    I have checked into this, and none of our team have changed the location setting in your forum profile, nor would we do so or have any reason to do so. Either you have accidentally changed this whilst updating other information, or someone else has accessed your account and changed the location in your profile.

I would recommend that you change your password just in case someone has accessed your account without your permission.

You can change the location in your profile back to your desired location by clicking on 'settings' on the top toolbar, and then click on 'Edit Profile' on the left hand list. You can then enter your desired location into the 'location' box, then click on 'save changes'.

Regards
    Zec Murphy

Customer Support Rep
    N3V Games (Auran)

*Please do not use Private Messages for support. Support can only be provided via the helpdesk, or via the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ZecMurphy View Post
    Good Morning Phimat
    I have checked into this, and none of our team have changed the location setting in your forum profile, nor would we do so or have any reason to do so. Either you have accidentally changed this whilst updating other information, or someone else has accessed your account and changed the location in your profile.

I would recommend that you change your password just in case someone has accessed your account without your permission.

You can change the location in your profile back to your desired location by clicking on 'settings' on the top toolbar, and then click on 'Edit Profile' on the left hand list. You can then enter your desired location into the 'location' box, then click on 'save changes'.

Regards
    How casual you are about this. I still claim that the change was made from within 'everfail itself and that it was malicious. That someone within 'everfail could do this says alot about security within the company. Can any member of the staff access all our personal information on a whim?

Once again, I ask that the person who changed the location revert it. I don't intend doing it.

Seeing as none of the rest of us have any method of deciding who is telling the truth here, wouldn't this be best sorted out in private?

Well ... Then if you don't change it back yourself ... You will probably remain forever in Iran(wct?) ... along with Cat Stevens

Blog Entries

He ran to I ran.