PC Specs of New PC (Will they be good enough for T:ANE?)

trainman7616

Western Maryland Addict
Mods if this is not in the right thread, feel free to move it.

My new pc will be Windows 7 possible 8. Most likely 7 though. Here are the specs er equipment im getting to build it. Hope to have some pc guru's here to answer aswell.

RAM
32gbs (4x8gbs)
DDR3 - 2133(PC317000)

FAN
8TX

CPU
Intel I7 4930K
3.4GHz 6 Core

Power Supply
Platnium Certified 1000 Watt PSU
EVGA
The Super Nova

Motherboard
Intel Z87

Case
Cooler Master

Nvidia Graphics Card
EVGA GeForce GTX 690

Storage
Two 3 terabyte hard drives for a max of 6 terabytes.
Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Definitely more than enough. Just one (very important) bit though; what are you using for storage? No point rocking a mean killing machine and bottlenecking it with a WD Green or something.

The speed and access or seek time is more important than the size ie how fast can the drive find the bits on the thing you need
Will they be arrayed (set to work together as one drive) or stand alone drives.

Its going to have two seperate 3 terabyte hard drives. If thats what your referring to.

You will probably need a SSD to get the best out of your system. The 3TB drives are probably the slowest type of hard drive and may cause bottlenecks.

Ken

Unless he puts them in a striped RAID. Considering the manner in which he has described his specs though, I think that's kind of out of his depth. An SSD is a simple and very effective performance booster.

Hi,

Looking at those specs you should have no problem at all,the 690 is a nice card,with over 3000 Cuda cores - it will eat through anything by today's standards.I'm only running a quad core @4Ghz
but have 4 gig on the GPU to compliment that,I can run Watchdogs maxed to the hilt @2560x1500 though it does warn you to run at these settings you need 3Gb video,Battlefied 4 is the same
maxed to the hilt with generous AntiAlaising.

I'm running a 2 TB Sata 3,really no need for SSD or stripped raid unless you use that other rail game allot,loading times are acceptable for my use.As for the performance of TANE,this all depends on
the engine itself and the priority given to the rendering threads,better lighting that comes with DX11 means more grunt needed,but to be fair all games /sim's iv'e played in DX11 have been really fluid
gameplay - I have not come across a bad performing one yet.

Have fun with that system - it's what we all work hard for.

Daz

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I also need this system to play games such as Day Z and GTA 5 alongside BF4 and Left 4 Dead. So thanks for the input and advice

So, my specs have changed.

Im now going to be using a 64 bit I7 with a 3 terabyte hard drive. 32 gbs ram. AMD motherboard (somewhere around 5-6ghz) 8 core processors and a Titan Z graphics card. Im still finding the right parts but this what I have so far.

Im going to assume I shouldnt have any problems when T:ANE comes out. (Pre-ordered Collectors edition)

WHAT? A Titan Z? Thats a 3000 dollar gfx card! I hope you`re joking. A GTX 760Ti would be more than enough for these games.
Unless you`re working on some major animation/rendering project (rendering 2 hour movies and such) that card would be unnecessary.
And I`m not saying that to sound smart or something, just trying to help you avoid wasting your money! :eek:

I am being serious. I plan to learn Source FilmMaker. So I need something good for rendering the movies. Extremely high end games is another thing I need it for. As for the AMD board. I have a friend at work who builds custom high end pc's, so he is going to help me find all the needed parts. Gotta get a big fan though lol.

Have fun dropping a 1150 chip into an AM3+ socket. I've yet to come across any "custom part" that will do it. Anyway we're not even at beta yet why is everyone rushing to buy new parts? That Titan Z is going to cost $200~$300 less by the time T2 comes out.

Back