Vote for an off-topic section or other Train Simulators or Neither on the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHSAN

IberTrainz Group
Hello

In the past Auran (N3V) used to have an off-topic section and a section for other Train Games on the old Trainz forum, this thread is basically to see how many members of the Trainz Community would like to have the feature implemented on the Trainz forum, either they would like to have a off-topic section on the forum or a section for other Train Simulators (Other Games) on the forum.

Rules are basic, reply to post for 1, 2 or 3:

1. Off-topic Section

2. Other Train Simulators (Other Games)

3. Neither

Lets see if N3V listens to their users.

Regards

Ahsan:)

Last edited:
Not sure what an "Off Topic" section would do for Trainz ... if you bought and run Trainz ... a thread about Railworks, or MSTS ... would be like buying a Ford pickup truck, and later on reading about KIA motor vehicles ... they just don't relate ... totally different programs

Good Morning Ashan
First off, we really don't intend to bring back the 'off-topic' section of the forums. This was removed for good reason, and is something that we do not currently see the worth in adding back into the forums.

In regards to a forum section for other simulators, this somewhat comes under a similar banner. As this is the official Trainz discussion forums, we would prefer to keep discussions of other simulators to a minimum. The main reason being the amount of flaming that comes up in discussions of other simulators on our forums. We don't ban them from the forums, but we also aren't providing these forums for that purpose. There are many many other forums around the internet that cater to this ;)

That said, we generally recommend the 'prototype talk' section as the most appropriate place for this (as it was as far back as I can recall :) ).

Regards

I vote 3 - might as well be on the winning side for once - short of mods as is now go for either 1 or 2 and would have to wear full fire PPE to enter so not to get burnt in the flame wars.

xcrossi, really? They are saying no to the off-topic section. The forums still aren't like they were when TRS06 came and went...

Vote:
3. Neither
Why?
This forum is to support Trainz, not support or bash other simulators. If you want to do that, go to either their forums or some independent forum.
Even without an off-topic forum, there is enough popcorn to go around already. Although I see the benefit of it getting centralized in one big junk pile, I rather see it disappear all along.

What we need is a kindergarten section where all the kiddies can be bundled off to... leave us grumpy over 50's to actually talk about serious simulation. ;)

With regard to other sims, indeed there are other forums such as UKTS, TS and RWA to discuss those. However inevitably they will come up in sensible(*) discussions - and should not be disrespecting either the developers or users by replacing Rail with Fail - when comparing functions or how certain things are done etc. Not everyone on the board is a Trainz zealot and reasoned balanced inclusion of other sims, be it MSTS, BVE, RW-TS2014 or any other peer shouldn't be stifled. Obviously what's not really appropriate is to start posting help questions purely for another sim, they are outside the context of what these boards are for.

* See above.

This thread was started just to see Trainz community's opinion on this that's all, my opinion is 3 too, the forum is purely for discussion of n3v Trainz Simulator and if their was a section for other simulators I agree their will be too many people flooding the forums and bashing each other views which will make a moderator job hard, so as this thread is pointless I'm gonna ask a mod close it

So it's better have a friendlier and helpful forum on one Simulator.

thank you everybody for your views.

Ahsan:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back