Real or Fictional in Trainz

nothing wrong with horses,
BTW MLP, those arent real horses, these are:
2_horse_logging_team.jpg

Fantasy = MLP, Code Lyoko, Thomas and Friends, Bob the Builder, Barney, etc, etc. That's what this post is about 9000DOLLER. It's about why fantasy is usually not accepted in trainz.

I'm not sure why anyone would want a train with barney on it. Especially since on another forum, I saw a topic all about creative ways to end barney's life.
(2x4's, guns, ninjas, weapons that only LEGO UNIVERSE (MMOG) veterans would know about... I mean, come on, who really still likes barney?)

And I thought that this topic was about fictional model railroad type routes like the ones that you find in Model Railroader and other magazines.

(also, thomas the tank engine, as childish as it is, seems to be popular in the Trainz community and as a toy train. (like the ones Bachmann make) [I still don't like him, though])

Last edited:
I just cannot understand why grown, mature adults and teens would enjoy something like My Little Pony? It's aimed at 6 year old girls for goodness' sake! It has nothing to do with Trainz! I'm trying not to offend anybody, but please!

I will say no more on this topic as the last time MLP was brought up I ended up with a ban.

Last edited:
Once your addicted to it, you can't get away. As the Happy Mask Salesmen would put it in Majora's Mask "You've met a terrible fate, haven't you?"

Let me answer that since I'm a brony as well but I know that the forums ain't a place for that stuff.

The reason adult and teen males like the show is because of the plot, animation mostly since it's flash, the voice acting. The fact that John D' Lancie is a part of it (also played on star trek) and the characters. It's really not bad. I hated it with a passion until my friend starfoxfan11 had me watch it.

Thomas has its own forums which are at SI3D website and should stay there. MLP should stay on equestrian daily and other sites as such. Same goes with Bob the builder, Code Lyoko and ect. None of it belongs here.

Now we can get back to our regularly scheduled bickering over trains. :D

Last edited:
Look, LOOK!? IT'S LYOKO FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. I'm sorry, but if it was auto correct, your not to blame.

I had to have my phone reset because I forgot my own password /)_- I have yet to take the word predict off. My phone don't have auto correct. It's a Galaxy S4. And also, chill kid. It's just a word. And word no one cares about at that lol.

Last edited:
Let me answer that since I'm a brony as well but I know that the forums ain't a place for that stuff.

The reason adult and teen males like the show is because of the plot, animation mostly since it's flash, the voice acting. The fact that John D' Lancie is a part of it (also played on star trek) and the characters. It's really not bad. I hated it with a passion until my friend starfoxfan11 had me watch it.

Thomas has its own forums which are at SI3D website and should stay there. MLP should stay on equestrian daily and other sites as such. Same goes with Bob the builder, Code Lyoko and ect. None of it belongs here.

Now we can get back to our regularly scheduled bickering over trains. :D
Well at least I know I'm not the only brony on this forum :p In fact this forum has its fair share of the brony fandom, I myself am surprised that this forum has this much tho xD

Now, can somebody also explain the MLP merge that happened some time back? I mean, it's part of this topic of discussion.

Another issue you guys may have by openly saying that you like my little pony is that you guys will get slammed by the posters that patrol the forums, looking for a reason to fight. (also, you may end up on Xcrossi's "ignore list" [he already hates me, so be careful])

This is the Trainz Discussion Forum, not the "let's chat about plastic ponies for 5-year old girls forum".

Another issue you guys may have by openly saying that you like my little pony is that you guys will get slammed by the posters that patrol the forums, looking for a reason to fight. (also, you may end up on Xcrossi's "ignore list" [he already hates me, so be careful])

This is the Trainz Discussion Forum, not the "let's chat about plastic ponies for 5-year old girls forum".

As I stated above. Same with dragonharh. We are both trying to get back on topic but nope. Doesnt seem to be happening. And personally i could careless if xcrossi blocks me.

Now to get back on topic...

As I said before, I thought this topic was about Trainz routes that resemble fictional model railroads.

So, what I have to say is, fictional model railroad type routes give the user more oppertunity to use his or her imagination.
It's a good thing, if it at least looks real and doesn't involve clowns or dolls.

John De Lancie is a wonderful actor in Star Trek, but I'm sorry MLP is just not for me. I agree with everyone saying MLP should be kept off the Trainz forums. People hate it when we treat the forums like Facebook and I completely agree with that. That's what TrainzChat is for. The forums are for discussing Trainz.

Thomas The Tank is another prime example. Yes, I was obsessed by Ringo Starr's soothing voice as a child but I've grown out of it. If it's on the tv I'll still sit down and watch it at 19 years old but I won't then turn on my laptop and try to build Sodor. It was/is a childrens tv show, a stepping stone for getting into trains. Can we not let Thomas and MLP lie and move onto more realistic stuff? Yes, I know this is Trainz and everyone is for messing around, but again a topic such as this has been posted in the wrong part of the forum (I'd have put it in Prototype personally, since it isn't directly related to Trainz.) and it's drawing attention from the likes of mature people who aren't obsessed with fictional objects that aren't even trains, wanting to read about Trainz.

We'll end up with Jay Jay The Jet Plane stuff soon. God help us when that happens :eek:

I hate that jet-plane! :n:

You're definitely right about this topic leaving the original topic far behind, and I agree with bringing it back on track.

(If it gets too bad, the moderators might shut it down.)

John De Lancie is a wonderful actor in Star Trek, but I'm sorry MLP is just not for me. I agree with everyone saying MLP should be kept off the Trainz forums. People hate it when we treat the forums like Facebook and I completely agree with that. That's what TrainzChat is for. The forums are for discussing Trainz.

Thomas The Tank is another prime example. Yes, I was obsessed by Ringo Starr's soothing voice as a child but I've grown out of it. If it's on the tv I'll still sit down and watch it at 19 years old but I won't then turn on my laptop and try to build Sodor. It was/is a childrens tv show, a stepping stone for getting into trains. Can we not let Thomas and MLP lie and move onto more realistic stuff? Yes, I know this is Trainz and everyone is for messing around, but again a topic such as this has been posted in the wrong part of the forum (I'd have put it in Prototype personally, since it isn't directly related to Trainz.) and it's drawing attention from the likes of mature people who aren't obsessed with fictional objects that aren't even trains, wanting to read about Trainz.

We'll end up with Jay Jay The Jet Plane stuff soon. God help us when that happens :eek:
Did someone say start making it? I'll start right away! :hehe:

Back