PM2IM to open in the trainz edit folder ????

xcrossi

Hello:

From desk top PM2IM shortcut icon I want PM2IM to open in the Trainz edit folder.
I think if I edit the *ini , I don't know what to enter.

Ok here we go again...nobody knows what I'm talking about...
As it is now, I open PM2IM and have to navigate to the trz edit folder each time I need to strip a *.im.

Gee I hope that's clear enough.

I'm bit hazy on this, but isn't there a way of getting Content Manager to have an "Open With..." menu command added to it such that you highlight an asset (or possibly a group of them), right click and choose to open the selected assets with PM2IM. So it opens them into the Editing folder and converts all .pm to .im files? Something like that anyway.

I'm bit hazy on this, but isn't there a way of getting Content Manager to have an "Open With..." menu command added to it such that you highlight an asset (or possibly a group of them), right click and choose to open the selected assets with PM2IM. So it opens them into the Editing folder and converts all .pm to .im files? Something like that anyway.

Yes that's right but when processing it wont' let me check the Options / Open IM Files. Its just converting PM 2 IM.
As far as I know, to strip a texture I have to open PM2IM.exe / check the Options / Open IM Files then navigate to the edit folder/asset.

I would like to shorten the navigate part.
Would trains have a fit if installed it to the UserData folder.

Last edited:
Whilst it may not save much time the first time round, it should remember the folder you selected due to the way Windows file selection boxes work. I wouldn't advise altering the .ini file associated with PM2IM though, as any updates to the program may overwrite that file.

Shane

I tried doing this once before and I couldn't get it to work even by setting the options in the shortcut. I wonder if it has something to do with permissions or file security that we don't have access to even with administrator rights.

John

PM2IM has no way of opening IMs from the command line. Only PMs can be opened for one-off conversion or by trawling.

As the name implies it is a converter for PMs; modifications to existing IMs was added as an occasional requirement and not included in the command line options.

Hopefully this tool will not be needed for much longer when DLS (and others) have upgraded to IMs. Consequently I will not be releasing further upgrades of PM2IM.

Back