Changing "renamable" signs.

jeff1959

I have downloaded a couple of industry and station signs that are listed as "renamable." However, I can't find a line in the config file or anything that allows me to change the sign.

For example, from TPR Depot "sign wood long" Kuid: 347185:1109 and "sign wood short" kuid:347185:1110

I am trying to make station signs for the three main communities on my fictional route. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Perhaps I dont understand but for a renameable sign, I just place it then edit the properties, name it whatever, even swears, lol.

If in surveyor by clicking the "?" KB key and renaming the sign, does not work .... sometimes there is a changeable Name line in the config file:
}
mesh-table {
default {
mesh "Part_1.im"
auto-create 1
effects {
0 {
kind "name"
fontsize 0.15
fontcolor 0,0,0
att "a.name0"
name "C O L E S"
}
}
}
}

Of course changing it in the config or as I suspect in this case editing the image used for the name texture which I have seen in supposed re-namable items, isn't a lot of use if you intend uploading the route.

Looking at the signs in question they use a couple of texture files so fairly inefficient. Give me the size of signs you'd like and I'll knock something up for you. I assume you want two posts and a top and bottom rail. Do you have definite names you want on them? Email me jwhelan0112 gmail.com

Thanks

Cheerio John

First, I am NOT planning to release the route for others to use. It's simply for my own purpose. The signs in question don't have a jpg or bmp file to actually change. I've given up on them. I've asked John for his assistance.

I appreciate all the replies and assistance.

Back