Screenshot of The Week: June 10 to June 15 2014 (Causeways)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

This week's topic is brought to you by Judah Rice and it is Causeways. In its most basic definition a causeway is an elevated path the traverses wet ground or water. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on June 15 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

NYC 0-8-0 240 gets some help across the bay (causeway) by an RS1 that was unused and sitting in the yard.
07155421c120eddb67ae97c7db44a7aa.png

Ffestiniog train along the Cob to Porthmadog

(This small insert picture is to prove that it is a Causeway, and it is NOT my entry)

Last edited:

My fictitous route, Narrow Falls, steam loco on a passenger run through a river gully, then through a tunnel to reach suburbia on the other side .

A causeway can use a low bridge, generally over unstable ground where a mere embankment would not hold up. It'd generally be a low bridge like that seen in Epo's post.

In The Nick Of Time

14401111346_98f2c4db77_k.jpg

An express tank unit train scoots across the lift bridge just ahead of an inbound container ship. Beyond the train, construction on the new skyway bridge that will take the interstate highway over the ship channel, is well underway.

Where the heck are all the screenshots? Hmm....so far I can only see 10 better than mine. Come on fellas, show us your causeways! I need to steal some ideas so I can make improvements to mine. Well, if no more show up, I will come in 11th. Sounds better than last! Thanks for posting your shots. Seeing your work is great for us less skilled. I learn a lot from looking at them.

Cheers....Rick

This one is being cut short a little because the cycle is being changed from Wednesdays to Sundays.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Submissions are now closed. There are 11 entries for this round so up to 3 votes are allowed. Voting will be from now until June 22, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Last edited:
Where the heck are all the screenshots? Hmm....so far I can only see 10 better than mine. Come on fellas, show us your causeways! I need to steal some ideas so I can make improvements to mine. Well, if no more show up, I will come in 11th. Sounds better than last! Thanks for posting your shots. Seeing your work is great for us less skilled. I learn a lot from looking at them.

Cheers....Rick

Oh, Rick!

Methinks you're sitting on your causeway fishing ... for compliments. If so, you caught one - your screenshot is really good!

I haven't looked in detail at the others yet (though they also seem quite good), but my guess is you will be far from last.

'Good luck Rick and all.

Peter.

PS. I hadn't noticed that the deadline was today. I was going to try to find a causeway somewhere tonight. It's just as well, though, because I really couldn't think of where I'd seen one and I couldn't have matched the quality of this round, anyway, I imagine. Well done all. (PW).

Last edited:
My word! They were all good! I had to work hard to fine the three I felt were best. These are:

rickf77
Exile499
Epoche3bis4

Really well done, all!

Peter.

Back