Screenshot of The Week: June 10 to June 15 2014 (Causeways)

Hey there, Peter; Hee, hee, yeah, works every time! Man, I saw a few killer causeways in the shots! This is my second attempt at my route, I really managed to muck up the first one real good! I'm trying to model the Dartmouth Subdivision (Nova Scotia) from Dartmouth to the end of the line. That causeway is the first and longest of about 1/2 dozen of them. On my first go at it, I used a group of 4 large boulders to cover the area where the texture rocks are now. Thousands of them! I thought I had somehow created a masterpiece until one day I decided to run a loco across. The boulders were huge! There would have been no way to transport those big buggers! I think the way they made the causeways was to build a trestle and then fill it in. The area in the shot is a salt marsh, so there has to be openings to let the tide in and out. I'm saying it's high tide...when it's out, there is a whole lot more land (small islands, etc.)

Well, I'm off to have a look at the causeways and vote. I'm going to vote for what I believe to be the best, but I believe I will be swayed by those that look similar to mine. It's not that I think mine is great, in real life it's the only type I've seen. Thanks to the bunch of ya, you have given me some good ideas that I can use when the time comes to finish the causeways!

Cheers.....Rick

*note to self...remember what kind of bait you used to catch Peter.

My gosh, that WAS really hard! I really liked all of them! I'm no expert, just picked the three that seemed best to me.

conrail45

epo

Zorronov (Fred)

Great stuff fellas, thanks for sharing shots of your work!

Cheers....Rick

-Montana Western
-Conrail
And my Third would be a straight up tie between Rick and Zorronov. Reasons being they're both well done shots with too many similarities to par either of them against each other.... Both show either thought or execution that was well done, and where one might show strength in one area, the other shows strength in in a different area.....

Almost all of the screenies are very well done though, so it was hard to pick.

Falcus

Voting is now closed. Thank you all for participating.

5 epoche3bis4
4 zorronov
3 rickf77
3 montanawestren
4 conrail45
1 perrock
1 exile499

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Uh, the winning screenshot is not even of a causeway at all, it's just a long wooden trestle. A causeway is a long, narrow earth fill across water, usually with a bridge at its center point. The winner doesn't qualify. Just thought I'd mention this.

Not acording to most dictionaries.

Merriam Webster said:
cause·way

noun\ˈkz-ˌwā\: a raised road or path that goes across wet ground or water

Full Definition of CAUSEWAY

: a raised way across wet ground or water

2 : highway; especially : one of ancient Roman construction in Britain

peter

Back