Consistently Interrupted Downloads 2

hey, JR. chris here.

since Nicholas's threads on this is closed, I would like to say that he is not the only one having problems. I cannot get anything downloaded from the JR website. I don't know if this is coincidental, or if he's right. but I cannot find certain pieces of rolling stock that I previously downloaded and need to re-download them. this is mainly a problem with the larger downloads.

I understand if this thread is closed like nicky's, but it's been happening for about a week now.

chris s.

Last edited:
not trying to be a pain, but I installed chrome with no success. allow me to provide more details:

Problem: Cannot download stuff from JR
Details: Anything over about 15megs cannot be downloaded from JR through my computer, and i need to download a certain pack to get an MD
Solution 1: switch to another browser
Details: test failed.
Soultion 2: ???

again, i am not trying to be a pain. i just want to download some rolling stock.

Not sure what I can do here, we have thousands of downloads every day without any issues. I don't see anything right off that would be preventing you from downloading from our side, but I will keep on looking.

Mike

okay, new details. this only happens with certain items, most notably these:

Trinty 3-Bay Hoppers West Coast 5-Pack
BNSF H2&3 Wellcars
Gondola Packs 1-4
BNSF 60ft Boxcar 2-Pack
Evans Hopper Pack
Bulkhead Flats 11-Pack
ACF Hopper 10-Pack #1

these are the ones that i am trying to download, but with no success. tried doing them one-at-a-time, but that solution failed as well.

Chris, I think it's your ISP or home network. I just downloaded several on your list above. Each of the wellcar packs took less than 5 seconds. The 60ft boxcar pack took about 20 seconds.

Does the download start? How long does it run before it times out? Does it time out consistently at the same # of bytes downloaded or maybe the same time interval? What kind of connection is your network? Fiber, DSL, modem, etc.? I hope you're not using Comcast. They have a tendency to cap usage randomly.

I remember in the modem days, I used to get up in the middle of the night when internet activity was lighter to accomplish some large downloads.

Good luck!

Andrew

Could see if clearing the DNS cache helps, sometimes helps on a seemingly dodgy connection. From the comand window type ipconfig /flushdns then enter.

From SharkNose...

Chris, I think it's your ISP or home network. I just downloaded several on your list above. Each of the wellcar packs took less than 5 seconds. The 60ft boxcar pack took about 20 seconds.

Does the download start? How long does it run before it times out? Does it time out consistently at the same # of bytes downloaded or maybe the same time interval? What kind of connection is your network? Fiber, DSL, modem, etc.? I hope you're not using Comcast. They have a tendency to cap usage randomly.

I remember in the modem days, I used to get up in the middle of the night when internet activity was lighter to accomplish some large downloads.

Good luck!

Andrew

maybe... just maybe. i was having some internet problems last sunday, so maybe you're right.

From clam1952...

....clearing the DNS server....command window type....

i will try that, but what command window are you talking about? i use Win7.

Sorry for bumping my old thread, but i have found a solution. I somehow acquired an unnecessary and unwanted Ad Program known as "Albrechto". I have deleted this foul program and downloads are running smoothly now.

EDIT: wait, scratch that. anything over 35 Megs either stops with a network error or says it's completed, but cannot be opened.

Last edited:
Back