CLUB CAR EARLY RELEASE: Amtrak P42 (Phase Vb)

Hi. Is there a trick to assigning the P42 a road number of 1 or 2 digits without the rest of the number board turning white?

P42_5.jpg

Thanks! :)

Andrew

Hi. Is there a trick to assigning the P42 a road number of 1 or 2 digits without the rest of the number board turning white?

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r584/a2j11j4/Models 2D and 3D/P42_5.jpg

Thanks! :)

Andrew

You have to do it exactly right, but there is a way to put in characters to center the number and in this case make the rest of the board turn "Amtrak blue". However, I do not know what it does to the side of the locomotive (I do not have it yet.)

The ARN on this specific model is 3 digit, therefore what you show above will in fact happen if you try to force it to a single digit. We cannot have 3 different ARN sets on one asset thus this is what will happen.

Essentially you can use anything between 100 and 999 just fine, you will however have the issue shown above with 99 and below.

You have to do it exactly right, but there is a way to put in characters to center the number and in this case make the rest of the board turn "Amtrak blue". However, I do not know what it does to the side of the locomotive (I do not have it yet.)

Inputting just a "5" and "<space>5<space>" shows up fine on the sides. But both methods cause the white background in the front number board.

JointedRail, thanks for the response. I comprehend ARN a little bit, so what goes on behind the scenes is understandable.

Also, the phrase "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one." seems appropriate here. :D

Thanks.

Andrew

You're very smart for answering a 4 yo post... and yeah sometimes the page disapear after a month or year

This topic is 4 years old. They have since changed their website. Search on their website for the content you are looking for (and don’t forget to login first).

Back