renumbering the ns sd70ace

is there any way to renumber the norfolk southern sd70ace to where that u dont have to
  1. keep deleting it and replacing it down
  2. figuring out hot to renumber it with both side, rear, and numberboard have the same number
  3. when you repaint it the side # dosent say 1018
if there is any solutions pm me
(if youi are having the same problem say here too)

If I recall the NS SD70ACe uses a full 4 digit texture for its ARN rather than 4 single texture blocks. I noticed this when trying to use the ARN mesh for a NS SD70M-2 reskin. If the number isn't the range for the ACe then it's just going to show up as 1018.

this was done due to the way the numbers are on the prototype. using 'traditional' ARN the numbers would have been too far apart. as you have noticed, if the number is out of range (beyond 1064) the default number of 1018 is used.

this was done due to the way the numbers are on the prototype. using 'traditional' ARN the numbers would have been too far apart. as you have noticed, if the number is out of range (beyond 1064) the default number of 1018 is used.
but what about the # beyond 1074 and that if you wanted to renumber it to for example 1030

You could edit the texture files for the numbers you need and rename the texture to the appropriate number providing you have the correct font.

It may not change immediately in the surveyor view, but if you set a number in surveyor between the correct range (1000-1064) and save then once you go to driver or reload surveyor the correct number should be displayed.

lol

yes see there was no 1111 in the order of ACes when this model was released only the initial 65. It could only be done if I updated it to extend the current texture set, or if someone else figures that out but then it wouldn't be public.

Back