Please help: The dependency ... has an invalid KUID User ID and cannot be used

oknotsen

Holder of a broom
I just got an upload failed. This is the text of the email I received:

Dear oknotsen,

The addition of your content file kuid2_645812_97701_2.cdp has failed due to the following reasons:

< kuid2:645812:97701:2> : The dependency <kuid:869154:978> has an invalid KUID User ID and cannot be used
< kuid2:645812:97701:2> : The dependency <kuid:874036:348> has an invalid KUID User ID and cannot be used

If you require further assistance please contact our Helpdesk (http://www.auran.com/helpdesk).

Regards,
The Trainz Team
Before bothering the helpdesk, I wonder if any of you can help me out in understanding what can be wrong.

These are the facts:
- The two mentioned KUIDs are built-in in TS12 build 49922
- The route is an update of an existing route, both previous and current versions made in TS12 49922.
- The previous version of the route already had these two assets on it, was successfully uploaded and 650+ times downloaded

Does anyone have a clue what can be wrong?

User ID belongs to a non registered user. Presumably got included with a builtin route in error? both were replaced by N3V
869154:978 is available on the DLS as 447264:999
874036:348 also available as 447264:99910

So if I understand you correctly, I was able to upload the route the previous time because the problem with that asset was not known back then, but nowadays they have been flagged as non existing, even though they are built-in in TS12 49922?

If that is the case, the re-upload I just did with these 2 items removed should work fine :).

Yes it's an HF4 thing, additional check seems to have been put in for unregistered creators, I came across it when importing my route from 49922 to 61388 and it chucked up an error on them, I'm building in 49922 and just using HF4 to check for any problems.

How can this be a Hotfix4 thing (build 61388) when I am building in 49922?

Anyway, I guess it is time to update my development build also to 61388.

No problem - hopefully it allows you to sort out the issue you are having. In terms of updating to 61388, I would suggest having a read across the forum first due to issues that are being reported that are due to TS12 SP1.

Shane

No problem - hopefully it allows you to sort out the issue you are having.
I did:
I simply removed the two assets from the route and re-uploaded it.

Replacing the assets by the new versions on the DLS are no option as it went against the idea's of the route: Made with only built-in assets.

In terms of updating to 61388, I would suggest having a read across the forum first due to issues that are being reported that are due to TS12 SP1.
No worries. I got a 61388 install from very early on and have no problems with it at all. Runs perfectly fine.

Interesting read; thanks for pointing that one out to me.

That kind strengthens my idea to update my development build to 61388.

Unfortunately, that would exclude those of us who haven't patched to that version.

Last edited:
I take that as a compliment

Unfortunately, that would exclude those of us who haven't patched to that version.
I take that as a hidden compliment for my route and session building skills :hehe:.

Good news:
- I am not the only route creator and by far not the best :p (I know, no news and bad joke, but I just had to write that).
- My other assets will still be 3.3.
- The current upload got approved (available this weekend) after I removed the two bad boys.

For those of you who can not live without my route+session content, there are two solutions:
- Patch to that version
- Wait till December 2014 (or earlier if you have alpha or beta access) and download my content in TANE

... but in all honesty... My work is currently keeping me too busy to become much better in route creating and spend much more time on route creating. Now I understand the error and know it is only a hand full of assets that cause this problem, I probably wont go over the trouble until TANE comes knocking on my door.

Back