Missing Kuids? Post them here.

Go to the Content Store and download all the updates available.

In addition to checking the Content Store, also check the DLS for updates.

To check for updates on the DLS by setting up a filter in Content Manager such as this:

Installed = True
Out of date = True
Payware = False.

This will give you a list of all your updates available for your installed content.

Sometimes, DLC packaged content will be updated by assets on the DLS. Right-click on those assets and choose View asset Versions. This will open a new window. Right-click on the Available to Download and download that asset.

Once downloaded, you can remove any obsolete assets downloaded from the DLS. Obsolete packed assets cannot be deleted because they are not separate assets.

To assist with the obsoleted assets, setup a filter such as this:

Installed = True
Obsolete = True
Packaged = False.

All of the updates (except for those which don't want to install) installed. Obsolete kuids also removed. But the missing dependencies of this kuid (<kuid2:101046:100236:38>) remains.

have some unknown deps for some boxcars in UMR2022, the boxcars are by Socalwb909 but the deps are by Yukonzoom
<kuid:206307:100416>
<kuid:206307:100417>
<kuid:206307:100414>

All of the updates (except for those which don't want to install) installed. Obsolete kuids also removed. But the missing dependencies of this kuid (<kuid2:101046:100236:38>) remains.

<kuid2:101046:100236:38> is Right-Hand Drive DES region.

I think I know what the problem is. The asset contained some assets that were pulled from the DLS due to being illegally uploaded and then pulled removed.

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about that except edit Right-Hand Drive and remove the referenced KUIDS in the config.txt file. These KUIDS appear twice in the config.txt file. Once in a string section and once again in the Kuid-Table section. Your best bet is to use a search and replace function to remove the associated KUIDS by replacing the KUIDS with a blank. I've used this method before when cleaning up missing commodities from an industry that had missing dependencies I couldn't find.

I have just a single missing kuid this time around:

<kuid:357974:104106>

As always, if anyone can find this for me it would be very much appreciated!
Happy Rails,
Alex

<kuid:357974:104106> AP Nathan K3LA 3-Part by applegathc. I believe it is part of the "AP Horn Pack 1 by applegathc at the bottom of this page: https://trainz-content.weebly.com/sounds.html
EDIT: Oops! or it could be part of the AP Horn pack 2 by applegathc at the TOP of that page :eek:

I thank you greatly for your help! However, When I try to download the AP Horn Pack 2 it just gives me a Google 404 error saying the requested URL was not found on the server, do you happen to have any other methods to obtaining the missing asset?

From Dave Snow's Right-hand drive region.

<kuid:101046:107780>
<kuid:101046:107909>
<kuid:101046:107784>
<kuid:101046:107841>
<kuid:101046:107858>

and

<kuid:101046:107912>

I have them as a separate download but they're not on the DLS. I discovered this when I updated content on the beta-version of TRS22+.

It seems as if my original post has gotten buried. Forester1, thank you for your contribution! But as I have perviously mentioned, whenever I attempt to download "AP Horn Pack 2" It just gives me a google drive 404 error that says the requested URL was not found on the server: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&confirm=QtLA&id=1ba5RM8dtfKWYGGp2kEpJbrbhRTmIhihx. If anyone knows how to fix this issue or an alternative way I can successfully obtain my missing asset (<kuid:357974:104106>), then I would very much appreciate the help!
Happy Rails,
Alex

AlextheAC4400, unfortunately that is what happens to third-party assets. Someone stops maintaining their site and it goes away, or links stop working. It is just a horn sound, so I would say look for a substitute.

AlextheAC4400, unfortunately that is what happens to third-party assets. Someone stops maintaining their site and it goes away, or links stop working. It is just a horn sound, so I would say look for a substitute.

Ah I see, do you by any chance happen to know where I can find possible substitutes and how to get them working so I can use my new locomotives?

I am not a good one to answer, as I don't have discernment between the hundreds of types of horns. I see a bunch of 3-part horns listed on the DLS. To use one as a substitute, right-click on the loco in CM and chose open-edit the config.txt file. Replace the missing KUID with the KUID of the substitute, both where it is listed in the file, and lower down in the KUID table. Save, close and right-click and select "Submit edits".

unknown.png

Yeah uh...

AH, OK, but the one he is after may not be available. Only 2 of the trucks on that page are downloadable. In that case, not much can be done.

Back