Trainz 12 Routes

wombat457

Hi,

I am new to the forums and have just bought Trainz 12 believing it had a number of Australian Routes. What I have found is the lack of Australian routes with it.

Can someone tell me where I can get Australian Routes such as

Melbourne - Sydney
Melbourne - Adelaide and Perth
Sydney to Brisbane
Adelaide to Darwin

and so forth.

Also, where I can the relevant Australian Trains:

Spirit of Progress
Southern Aurora
Indian Pacific
Diesel Locomotives etc

Cheers

wombat457

Melbourne - Sydney
Melbourne - Adelaide and Perth
Sydney to Brisbane
Adelaide to Darwin

No-one has yet released layouts onto the DLS that would cover these complete routes, although a few have stated that they are starting some of them (but nothing is ever heard from them again). They would be very ambitious projects that would take an individual creator years to finish. pgibbons has a set of layouts that cover from just south of Campelltown (Sydney) to Albury but you have to join them together yourself. He provides information and instructions for doing this on the forum.

Spirit of Progress
Southern Aurora
Indian Pacific
Diesel Locomotives etc

The Indian Pacific is already built into TS12. Use Content Manager to do a search: Name = IP, Author = Auran
There are plenty of NSW, Victorian and QR diesel locos as well as a smattering from other states available, some built in and others on the DLS. Do a search for rolling stock using the names NSWGR, SRA, VR, QR , etc and the names of individual rail operators such as PN, Pacific National, etc.

Peter

Welcome to the forum wombat457, unfortunately, as you've found out, there weren't any Ozzy routes built-in to TS12, however, if you go onto the DLS and ensure that the boxes are ticked upwards from TRS2004 to TS12 then type in the area you wish to explore, such as Melbourne, for example, then tick the box that says description, and press enter and all the routes for that particular area will pop up. It might be an idea for you to get a pen and a piece of paper and write down the various developers/creators kuid numbers, for example, muliebuck is kuid 99935, then you can do a future search just by username, a few of the older layouts have now been updated to work in TS2009/10/12, many of them go right back to TRS2004, which, even though they are fairly old may still work in TS12, although you may have to repair and alleviate the warnings you get for assets when you install them into your game.
There are quite a few Australian creators who have built routes over the last 10 years, or, so, therefore your list could get fairly large, but, it'll be a start for you, depending on whether you like steam, or, diesel locomotives, there are many others who have created rolling stock and locos for you to choose from, far too many names to put on here, and you'll also see some other developer's names such as Dinorius_Redundicus (kuid:68213) whose misc. scenery content is definately worth downloading to place onto your routes yourself.

Good luck, there is a lot to learn at the beginning, but, there are plenty of folks on the forum to help you out with any queries.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Last edited:
If you are looking for Australian Route

Gday - Wombat ,I have some info for you on some - Australian Routes. What I have found is the Australian routes are made by not many people but it take a lot of time. But ---> you can get some of these Australian Routes, such as ; now these consists of 2 different types - sceanery and none, FER - Flat Earth Rail - No Sceanery GT & FER - and this one has got sceanery there are routes that will take your train where ever on this but is a matter of which one do you put .these lines are called DIVISIONS ;there is a City Part that goes 1st* Illawarra / Port Kembla (Steel Works) - this part comes with - (South) Sydney - Melbourne via Goulburn / Junee (South)Sydney - Brisbane via Maitland / Newcastle (North) S.A. - W.A. via Parkes / Broken Hill. (West)i found some here are great - the GT&FER have scenery all done for you. it mite get confusing with some of these jigsaw, but its a good fun way of gettin up and running when got all loco's from different years too. 70's - 90's . Also, the relevant Australian Trains:Diesel Locomotives - 44, 422, 81, 49, 45, 38, 32, 48's and Electircs S,K,C, G -Tangara's, Red Rattlers of yester year. Indian Pacific cars these are all in the content manager and can be downloaded TIP --> Don't go into Start !! But, instead go to Content - this is where you'll find a Huge Libary for all you Trainz !!!some people have Teamspeak 3 (you gotta have a mic) too, and some interact with the gamer's online. Hope this has Q&A finds you making some trakx ! Happy Trakx !-- Krugar --

Back