Southlines 2014 -- An update of an old Route

Hi Geoff

Thanks for those details. It is strange that some drivers are only getting part of the list.

I am starting to think that I should check to see if there is a driver command I am using in some schedules and not in others which is causing issues. (Although I have the same number of dependencies as you do)

I still haven't got the new install done properly but I am trying to get things sorted. Maybe this time tomorrow I will be able to have that done and see what is missing.

Thanks again for your patience

Tom

Hi Everyone
I got the clean install done and downloaded route and session and found the same result as Geoff did --- lots of missing schedules and I don't know why. All the driver commands are present and there don't seem to be any driver commands exclusive to the missing schedules. No errors showing in content manager or anything.
I have also had some feedback from Ron and I now think part of the problem is funny interactions between rollingstock and commands in the session and content in the route. This could be because of older stuff playing up in TS12 even though it shows no warnings or errors in content manager. I guess this is understandable in an evolving game and yet some of the content on the TS12 install discs is from build 1.3. I hope TANE has fully up to date content included.
So I am going to go back and make changes to the map with changes to some of the content and then have a play with various session items. Hopefully something I fiddle with will cause the schedules to come back.

Thank you all for your patience and help

Tom

hi lads, ive been interested in this route and slowly putting it togeather i was wondering if there was any of you that has the full one done i think this would be a great multi route if can be done.. but my other questions is , if any is there any type of clubs in oz that share this simulator or is it mainly go it alone ?? , sorry if this may cause a ruckus but just wondering of any of this ??Hats off too the guys that made this route done a beuty and my dad whom works for the railway said to whomever done cootamundra has got a real good eye for detail !!! hats off to yas keep up the good work !! Krugar Aus Rail N.S.W.

There used to be a Sydney and Canberra, Trainzer, as we called the user groups.

The Sydney group fell apart as the convener , god rest his sole, king of the kids "Wazzer" past away after back surgery it was such a blow and shock to the group at the time that it fell apart = nothing to stop there being another one if someone was willing to put it together.

The Canberra group also went to bits as the convener and some of the group took, all around the same time, early semi retiremenrt and moved away (nswgr_46class and footplatephil).

The two groups use to often meet up for coffee and chin wags around the place.

hi lads, ive been interested in this route and slowly putting it togeather i was wondering if there was any of you that has the full one done i think this would be a great multi route if can be done.. but my other questions is , if any is there any type of clubs in oz that share this simulator or is it mainly go it alone ?? , sorry if this may cause a ruckus but just wondering of any of this ??Hats off too the guys that made this route done a beuty and my dad whom works for the railway said to whomever done cootamundra has got a real good eye for detail !!! hats off to yas keep up the good work !! Krugar Aus Rail N.S.W.

Thakx class_ 46 for the replay , & also sorry to , condolences of those former gruop members . Id like to see this route as a Club Australia Rails, set up for a club once completed as i aint got the sysem to run it, but i know theres ppl out there that would have this all done !! As im looking into & if any help that i can get into forming a Aussie rail club (virtuial) this would be some what of wat they call - The Dinning Car effect.. but also to note that i know that all have the new trainz, now is would be another consept in the making too as not all have this too. If any i'd like to see this happen, as being a fromer h.o. scarle modelest myself, i know it takes time especially with basebooards and all the drilling and glueing and papaermash just to make a hill . But if there are any ppl out there that would like this, like me id b there or into forming up one !!! thaxk krugar

Hi Silvergull
PM received and reply sent
Thank you

I am still working away at fixing the session, some content was removed and a few scheduling issues have been tweaked and another AI driver added to tidy up my mess.
The content removed was mostly session related.
I know there were session problems but has anyone had problems merging with other routes?
Bye for now,
Tom

G'day Tomtre, I have been watching this with interest, I have both the route and session downloaded and showwing complete in CM.
Looking through the dependancies I cannot see anything that looks as if it could be a "schedule", I would have these would have been downloaded with the session?
I have not had much to do with schedules so I am guessing, what would be the kuid numbers of the schedules?
Regards
Barrie

Hi Barrie
The schedules are part of the schedule library rule which is part of the session, so should be there as part of driver instructions when the session opens in driver or if you look in surveyor it will be there when you click edit session. My intention was that you could open the game, select the route, select the session, click drive and sit back and watch the AI for a couple of hours, just switch from driver to driver or camera view and just watch the trainz trundle around and shunt and stuff for a couple of hours.
I probably never explained that very well.
As noted by some people earlier in this thread, not all the schedule library rule went from me to the DLS. I still don't know why but I think I made a mistake uploading something with red beetles which worked here so I had gotten into the habit of ignoring the red beetles, then errors cascaded.
I made a second install of TS12 after I found out about the problems which seemed to be content related and with the help of some of the people here I have isolated and removed red beetle causing things from the map and session and have slightly changed the content of the route (would you believe the in game content iportals I put in because I thought they might be useful for someone were one of the problems.. Gone now.) It may have been that they were allergic to some of the other things I removed, I don't know.
Other people have mentioned in other places that some of the DLS update stuff has been not been fully updated and I think I used some items like that in the session.
So now there are no red beetles and I am close (I hope) to having the modified map and session to share with a few of my kind friends and hopefully on to the DLS.
It hasn't helped that I have added another driver with a set of tasks to run as well and had to sort him out.
There are also issues with saving running sessions in TS12.. Sometimes you come back a day or so later and a find driver has lost the plot because the driver instructions don't always seem to get saved... they can lose a sequence and it can cause chaos in the game.
Anyway I am still working at this, hope to have something better to show soon.
Thanks everyone for your patience,
Tom

Back