Liberty City Transportation, FMRR/LCSE

I like the war memorial, it's really interesting.

Haha yeah, i just had the idea to do this. It's a memorial for a fictional battle that happened at the pass' summit. It also is a great place to railfan the trains crawling up that hill, so it can be used like the famous Hill 582 (Cajon Pass)

Last edited:
Update.... Blackhawk Yard, located on the Summit of the Bighorn Pass at ~ 7150ft height
Yard purpose: De-coupling point of helper units, storage of damaged cars and locomotives and change of overheated engines

Last edited:
Thanks you two :D Great that i obviosly did that route the right way :)

Update....about 3-4 miles of tracks through the mountains have been added. The grades are very steep so trains need 1 Locomotive (C44-9W) / per 1500t.

Now I want to take an SW1200 with that train and see how far I get. I love trying to make ridiculous climbs.

You see the second last picture ? :p The grade there which is just a few yards from the summit, is so steep, if you stop at the signals theres no chance to go into that direction again with the train in the pics. If you had 30mph with it, you'll have just barely 12 when you reach the top :hehe::eek:

(guess it is too steep at all and i need to flatten it)

Quick question: Is a grade max of 3,96% too much for a US pass route in trainz (Soldier Pass for example)

Last edited:
Quick question: Is a grade max of 3,96% too much for a US pass route in trainz (Soldier Pass for example)
Im fairly certain the largest grades around are about 3.1ish% on the CP rockies route? the mojave pass peaks at 2.3% if im not mistaked the cajon pass at 3%

3.96 % Seems reasonable, but I doubt in real life you couldn't take more than 20-30 cars up or down at a time though, Saluda Grade in North Carolina was a mainline that saw heavy use of coal trains and it was 4.9% at its steepest with an average grade of 4.24%

It's good to see you back at it, Felix.

Thanks :D :) but not at 'it'...hehe. Its again, a completely new route. I just didnt like the quality of the older two ones (V1, Cajon and V2, Liberty Island) V3 is based on a Soldier Summit DEM now...

Im fairly certain the largest grades around are about 3.1ish% on the CP rockies route? the mojave pass peaks at 2.3% if im not mistaked the cajon pass at 3%

3.96 % Seems reasonable, but I doubt in real life you couldn't take more than 20-30 cars up or down at a time though, Saluda Grade in North Carolina was a mainline that saw heavy use of coal trains and it was 4.9% at its steepest with an average grade of 4.24%

Hmm....ok, thanks guys. i re-did the grades and i now have a max of 2,88 (for 500ft) and an average of 1,6 - 2,4...
I guess thats better

At any way.....even 2,6 is too much for a 5000t train with 1x SD70Ace, 1x SD90MAC (6000HP type) and SD50......

- Here we see FMX-233 BY stalled 3 miles from summit - (%@$§)

Back