Screenshot of The Week: May 6 to May 13 2014 (Heritage)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

This week being the week of May 10th - Amtrak's National Train Day, our topic will be a celebration of rail history from around the world; heritage. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on May 13 at 12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

36573177a0cf1291b02e7821cad4c48a.png

Pool Power on the UP in California...

Funny story behind this one: I had taken this screenshot on my new Kansas based route yesterday chuckling to myself "maybe I will get lucky and have the competition next week be heritage units." Today I checked and I was astonished... The end... Not good at storytelling, sorry. Oh well, let's just show the screenshot.

UK steam

Class 66 diesel waiting to tow a recently restored British Railways Southern Region Merchant Navy Class loco to its new heritage Railway base in southern England.

Cheers
Casper
:)

Heritagesteam_zps76ad807b.jpg~original

A GWR Broad Gauge Train Chuffing Past a Norman Castle

A GWR broad gauge train chuffing past a Norman castle - now that's heritage!

GWR_Broad_Gauge+Castle.jpg

okay, i'll take a crack at this.

two Southern Pacific SP-2 classes, with smoke billowing and sanders going full blast, try to control a 56-car goods extra over a high trestle during an April rainstorm, while the moon tries to poke out over the distant hills.
chris2001trainz2010_20140510_0001_zps00b03bdc.jpg

not the best ever, but it's okay, by my standards.

The Victorian Railways 'A2' class 4-6-0 locomotives were the mainstay of express passenger workings on the VR system from the early 1900s until the 1950s with the introduction of the larger and more modern 'R' class 4-6-4s and the advent of diesel/electric traction. All were withdrawn by 1963 with none surviving into active preservation; most were plinthed in parks or museums, but thankfully one was bought with the intention of a complete restoration. Whilst this has yet to be completed the loco, A2 986, is capable of making steam but yet to move under its own power. In this interpretation of an early 1962 ARHS (Australian Railway Historical Society, Vic Branch) railtour, A2 986 double heads with another surviving classmate, A2 996. The latter seen on the front has been in open storage for 10 years in the border town of Echuca, northern Victoria.

65ecc98fdd1a252b966f709e7e95d037.jpg

Cheers
Tim

Back