monorail problem

i am using the monorail by JFE in TRS2004 and when the monorail leaves a station it keeps stopping and opening doors. what do i do?
thx

Monorail Problem for me too

Hi all,

I need help to animate monorail junctions. If anyone (or JFE himself, the creator) would tell me how to do, that makes me happy ! Many thanks.

Regards.

Antoine

Ummmm. The monorails come with release notes that should help you both! Well except Redlimps1, Hey Redlimps! The monorail is more for 06 not 04 so that might be your problem (can't get the new system to work!).

Last edited:
Many thanks Jimmy. I've forgot the release notes ... so the problem is fixed and juctions are correctly animated.

Cheers.

Antoine

redimps1:
If you are using the demo layout that comes with the project, I'd like to know more about the problems, as nobody else has had this problem as far as I know.

If you are creating your own route, it may be due to laying track the wrong direction. It's a quirk of Trainz that it remembers the direction in which the track is laid, and it occasionally causes problems, especially around stations, if you run the train in the opposite direction from the direction in which you laid the track up to the station.

JFE.

i am using the monorail by JFE in TRS2004 and when the monorail leaves a station it keeps stopping and opening doors. what do i do?
thx

Same problem here, in Classics 1&2. In DCC mode. You probably have to stop using DCC and switch to Cab.

Last edited:
not necesarily........ I found that the DCC mode will fix itself if you give it the "drive" command

Search for everything from JFE, the stations are all on the DLS. The drivers, however, are from a different developer. See the TRS2006 thread named "Monorail Information" for details on all the content, how to search for it, how to find the release notes, which contain lots of useful information, etc. As mentioned elsewhere, do not use the content from the TRS2006 update CD as it contains a number of bugs mentioned in this thread.

Everything is on the DLC.

JFE.

Where to find the release notes

I've downloaded the monorail project for TRS2006 with the SP1 but in the monorail project page the link to the release notes zip file is broken. Can you help me to find them?
Congratulations for the Monorail Project, JFE.

Esteve

Take a look at this thread (downloads are in another thread linked from it):

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=62552

In a nutshell, JFE is fixing up his content to work correctly with TS2010. There is a release notes page along with that. I expect that the content should work with TRS2006, though you might have to change the version numbers in the config files back to 2.6. AFAIK he's not doing anything that would actually break the content for older versions of Trainz.

Take a look at this thread (downloads are in another thread linked from it):

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=62552

In a nutshell, JFE is fixing up his content to work correctly with TS2010. There is a release notes page along with that. I expect that the content should work with TRS2006, though you might have to change the version numbers in the config files back to 2.6. AFAIK he's not doing anything that would actually break the content for older versions of Trainz.

Thank you very much RRSignal, that link was really useful.

Esteve

The current content that I'd like people to beta test is for 2010. However, I'd like to be backwards compatible with the 2004 and 2006 games I started with, but I need to know what is broken with the 2010 changes.

So, if anyone is willing to work with me to test the 2010 content on a 2006 (preferably) or 2004 system, I'll be happy to work with you to retro-fit the 2010 content into the earlier games, probably as a separate download as the games are now incompatible with each other.

If you'd like to work with me on this, send me an email through my profile and I'll see what we can do.

JFE.

Back