Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Checkrail Thread

Default The Checkrail Thread

I must have about a dozen threads for various routes, some current, some lapsed - so I thought it might be easier and more convenient to pull everything together. Primarily this is a place to post shots of my ever-changing 'Currrent Project' route (I can never stick at the same thing for more than a few weks), but also a place for anyone to post screenies from any checkrail route, a place for route support, content support, general comments, whatever...

To kick it off, a few from today's Current Project, a route based on the town of Hutchinson KS and its surrounds. In these shots westbound BNSF grain creeps through the small town of Nickerson - a town named for a past-President of the ATSF Railway...

Andy
    checkrail.com...freeware routes for Trainz

Well, I don't think I've seen much better than that!

Cheers....Rick

Blog Entries

NS GP50s doing some work on the Evansville Western.

Blog Entries

I see a lot more drool time coming with this thread. norfolfsouthern37 great shots Dermmy, fantastic work as always.

work hard, Play harder

Subscribed.

United States of America, MO, Kansas City

Nice work on your latest route Andy. I'm familiar with the area. Looks like you've nailed it so far.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dermmy View Post
    I must have about a dozen threads for various routes, some current, some lapsed - so I thought it might be easier and more convenient to pull everything together. Primarily this is a place to post shots of my ever-changing 'Currrent Project' route (I can never stick at the same thing for more than a few weks), but also a place for anyone to post screenies from any checkrail route, a place for route support, content support, general comments, whatever...

To kick it off, a few from today's Current Project, a route based on the town of Hutchinson KS and its surrounds. In these shots westbound BNSF grain creeps through the small town of Nickerson - a town named for a past-President of the ATSF Railway...

(Pics Snipped)

Andy
    WOW!!! I've been a Kansas resident my entire life, and I've been to Hutch several times. I can't wait to run on that! Nice work!!
    Intel Core i7-7700K 4.20 GHz
    PNY GTX 1070 8GB Overclocked GPU
    16 GB DDR4 RAM
    275 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD + 500 GB HDD

Very nice job Dermmy.

Im not sure if you know whats going on but I will ask just in case.

When I load your DEM maps. No textures appear to indicate where the tracks or roads go and ect. But if I zoom out then the textures show from the satelite view. Any suggestions as to why they arent showing?

Steam is King.

@NS37 - nice shots - nice locos!

@ Railwodman, rickf77, nicky, Dave and epa - thanks! More of the same...

@ trainman - iirc zooming right out in TS12 is the same as map view - I suspect you don't have the textures installed. Check a 'bare' map for missing dependencies, if there are any it has to be the textures. If they are missing, download them here...
    Last edited by Dermmy; May 1st, 2014 at 11:59 PM.

Thanks Dermmy.

Steam is King.

Bare table awaiting departure

I had to replace the tracks on the new 2.5. It might just be me, but I can't stand the sight of European tracks in North America.

Quote Originally Posted by ATSF854 View Post
    It might just be me
    Nope, not even a little bit. That track looks badass.

Quote Originally Posted by ATSF854 View Post
    I had to replace the tracks on the new 2.5. It might just be me, but I can't stand the sight of European tracks in North America.
    Yep, I know! I really like Samplaire's track for a heap of reasons but I know it is not technically correct for US prototypes. Good thing 'Replace Assets' works with track - but I bet you gotta move all the junction frogs a sleeper or two to get them back in the right place

Another one from downtown Nickerson, this one featuring Joe's ATSF/BNSF patch GP35s...

Andy...
    Last edited by Dermmy; May 2nd, 2014 at 07:02 AM.

It's about time this thread was started!

It's the weekend, so if I choose to not have a life, then I may have some shots of my own to post.

Lets not forget that Nickerson USED to be a two railroad town with the Missouri Pacific and Santa Fe both serving the town, I believe in the 50's or 60's the Missouri Pacific abandoned their trackage and secured trackage rights over the Santa Fe from Hutchinson to Sterling where their branch went north to Genesseo.
    MSTS convert...