The Checkrail Thread

Dermmy

Too many projects...
I must have about a dozen threads for various routes, some current, some lapsed - so I thought it might be easier and more convenient to pull everything together. Primarily this is a place to post shots of my ever-changing 'Currrent Project' route (I can never stick at the same thing for more than a few weks), but also a place for anyone to post screenies from any checkrail route, a place for route support, content support, general comments, whatever...

To kick it off, a few from today's Current Project, a route based on the town of Hutchinson KS and its surrounds. In these shots westbound BNSF grain creeps through the small town of Nickerson - a town named for a past-President of the ATSF Railway...

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

Andy :)

I see a lot more drool time coming with this thread.:D norfolfsouthern37 great shots Dermmy, fantastic work as always. :)

Nice work on your latest route Andy. I'm familiar with the area. Looks like you've nailed it so far.

I must have about a dozen threads for various routes, some current, some lapsed - so I thought it might be easier and more convenient to pull everything together. Primarily this is a place to post shots of my ever-changing 'Currrent Project' route (I can never stick at the same thing for more than a few weks), but also a place for anyone to post screenies from any checkrail route, a place for route support, content support, general comments, whatever...

To kick it off, a few from today's Current Project, a route based on the town of Hutchinson KS and its surrounds. In these shots westbound BNSF grain creeps through the small town of Nickerson - a town named for a past-President of the ATSF Railway...

(Pics Snipped)​

Andy :)

WOW!!! I've been a Kansas resident my entire life, and I've been to Hutch several times. I can't wait to run on that! Nice work!!

Very nice job Dermmy.

Im not sure if you know whats going on but I will ask just in case.

When I load your DEM maps. No textures appear to indicate where the tracks or roads go and ect. But if I zoom out then the textures show from the satelite view. Any suggestions as to why they arent showing?

@NS37 - nice shots - nice locos!

@ Railwodman, rickf77, nicky, Dave and epa - thanks! More of the same...

037.jpg

@ trainman - iirc zooming right out in TS12 is the same as map view - I suspect you don't have the textures installed. Check a 'bare' map for missing dependencies, if there are any it has to be the textures. If they are missing, download them here...

Last edited:
Bare table awaiting departure

I had to replace the tracks on the new 2.5. It might just be me, but I can't stand the sight of European tracks in North America.

069c53477f5084af99cf7fbea63867c6.jpg

I had to replace the tracks on the new 2.5. It might just be me, but I can't stand the sight of European tracks in North America.

Yep, I know! I really like Samplaire's track for a heap of reasons but I know it is not technically correct for US prototypes. Good thing 'Replace Assets' works with track - but I bet you gotta move all the junction frogs a sleeper or two to get them back in the right place :)

Another one from downtown Nickerson, this one featuring Joe's ATSF/BNSF patch GP35s...

038.jpg

Andy...

Last edited:
It's about time this thread was started!

It's the weekend, so if I choose to not have a life, then I may have some shots of my own to post. :hehe:

Lets not forget that Nickerson USED to be a two railroad town with the Missouri Pacific and Santa Fe both serving the town, I believe in the 50's or 60's the Missouri Pacific abandoned their trackage and secured trackage rights over the Santa Fe from Hutchinson to Sterling where their branch went north to Genesseo.

I didn't know that - I will have to dig out some blue skins :) Actually that might explain the very wide ROW, assuming the two roads paralleled each other through town....

Andy

I didn't know that - I will have to dig out some blue skins :) Actually that might explain the very wide ROW, assuming the two roads paralleled each other through town....

Andy

It doesn't look like they did.

qunGZvI.jpg

Last edited:
They didn't parallel each other thru town, but north of Nickerson they appear to have. It's quite easy to spot the old trackbed on Google Earth...

042.jpg

These european tracks are looking awful. I think that there are good alternatives. Just my advice.

Nikita:wave:

If anybody can point me to a US prototype track that is as performance-friendly and good-looking as Samplaire's I will change. Till then feel free to use 'replace asset' after you get the route...

:)

Back