JR Dash 9 question

Firefighterdan

343 NEVER FORGET
I noticed my headlights dim after thirty seconds or so from no movement. Is there a way to make them stay on bright, until I dim them with the switch? Thank you, Danny :wave:

I used to have this question too. Then again, if JR makes it like that, then it probably means it works in the real world like that.

Then again, if JR makes it like that, then it probably means it works in the real world like that.
Not necessarily...while the team makes excellent stuff, it isn't always 100% perfect. For example, the UP ES44AC and SD70ACe "ship" with flashing ditchlights (which they don't have in the real world). There is a setting for that in the config that you can change to fix it (can't remember it right off hand, Kevin told me how once upon a time). I can't say about the Dash-9's since I don't have them...yet. :)

Excuse the semi-off topic.

I noticed my headlights dim after thirty seconds or so from no movement. Is there a way to make them stay on bright, until I dim them with the switch? Thank you, Danny :wave:

No not really. I did this so that trains that became stopped in a siding would dim their lights. To make them go to bright, start moving again or switch them manually.

Not necessarily...while the team makes excellent stuff, it isn't always 100% perfect. For example, the UP ES44AC and SD70ACe "ship" with flashing ditchlights (which they don't have in the real world). There is a setting for that in the config that you can change to fix it (can't remember it right off hand, Kevin told me how once upon a time). I can't say about the Dash-9's since I don't have them...yet. :)

I have explained before that the reason I did this originally was because people wanted them. It was a new thing at the time and everyone had to see it. Since it became somewhat of a topic for the opposite crowd such as yourself, I wont make that mistake again. Locomotives without flashers prototypically wont come with them from JR. If they really want flashers they have to do the config edit to enable them. It has been this way for a few years now.

Back