Trainz Chat misbehaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

flusi737

SBB Cargo Germany
Hello!!

I noticed that in the last few weeks, this problem appears a lot more often than normal. People constantly join and log off the chat to annoy users or just to show us that their brain is some kind of a hole....

Is there nothing that could be done about this? maybe some 'log off and on 10 times within 2 mins and you'll get an auto ban' feature??

Maybe some people dont know what i mean, so here some pics to show WHAT i am talking about. and YES, i WILL name those users!! Enough now!

Felix

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be a simple case of them having to close the chat window in order to operate a particular feature. I've noticed the same myself, although not that frequently.

Shane

I'm in the chat nearly every day, for sometimes 10h if my friends are online. Maybe thats the reason why i see it that often :)

It may be a simple case of them having to close the chat window in order to operate a particular feature.

Shane

Could be a computer communication error, looks like a script caught in a loop!!! No need for panic.....

Sorry, but no. Sometimes those users even start to randomly insult others (not the two ones shown in the pics though...). Those are just people who want to troll.

Last edited:
It may be a simple case of them having to close the chat window in order to operate a particular feature.
Could be a computer communication error, looks like a script caught in a loop!!! No need for panic.....
I can confirm that these people are mainly doing it to piss other people off.

We have had this happen in the past before and I would agree with Flusi that a temporary auto-ban for an hour for people that log on and off 15 times in a minute would probably solve this problem.
I posted something about this in the suggestion box 2 years ago and here you find some more suggestions (made half a year ago) for the chatbox and a reaction of Windwalker that we will see some of that stuff in a next version of Trainz.

I'm fairly certain that the repeated leave/join messages are caused by technical issues (ghosting, poor network connectivity, or similar.) I know it's annoying, but please avoid the temptation to take out your annoyance on the users affected.

We're keeping our eye on the situation and will take steps to mitigate the issue once we feel that we have a good handle on the causes.

thanks,

chris

Oh so 'sometimes' those random 'technical issues' also start to SPAM and INSULT random users? WOW i want that automatic feature too....

CENSORED

.... that was the worst decision in the history of the trainz chat :hehe:.

THANKS !!! you got it....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm fairly certain that the repeated leave/join messages are caused by technical issues

I can confirm that these people are mainly doing it to piss other people off. We have had this happen in the past before

Sorry, but no. Sometimes those users even start to randomly insult others. Those are just people who want to troll.

1x1-pixel.png
?

The short explaination: Those are people that join and log off constantly just to troll people. If you tell them to stop, they normally get rude (insult you, the world, trainz....), if you have luck they really stop it (rare case), or they simply KEEP doing that crap

I'm fairly certain that the repeated leave/join messages are caused by technical issues (ghosting, poor network connectivity, or similar.) I know it's annoying, but please avoid the temptation to take out your annoyance on the users affected.

We're keeping our eye on the situation and will take steps to mitigate the issue once we feel that we have a good handle on the causes.

thanks,

chris
I will also confirm that these are almost always trolling since half the time they are acting stupid before hand and often times even say they will log in and out. I sure hope it's fixed or some people are appointed to watch the chat and control these people when it happens.

I'm not home right now but I believe I have plenty of screenshots of trolls saved on my computer.

Now look at THIS guy. wants to report me because i told him to stop. WTF??? tried to threaten me ...idk with what too.

EDIT: it goes on:

EDIT 2: now disrupting the #Planez thread with his unecessary things...well would like to see the pic :p he spammed, not me ROFL and he want to threat me:hehe:

Last edited:
Some people prefer to sit on their hat, as that is where they normally wear their hat :hehe:

Pay no attention to them.

Never drive behind an old man, wearing a hat ... take your hat off first !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back