**NOTE TO TS2 MAC USERS OF JR PRODUCTS**

jointedrail

Official N3V DLC Partners
Just wanted to drop a note here for our MAC users since now there are 2 different mac versions out there of the game.

As some do know this is how the MAC version works:

TS MAC is essentially a port of Trainz 2010
TS2 MAC is essentially a port of Trainz 2012 w/ SP1 at least...

SO with that said, if your receiving loads of errors and such on any JR content I would suggest that you follow our TS12 SP1 update procedure. There is a seperate thread for that here but we put together a PDF file when this first became an issue last year. Here is the link for that: http://jointedrail.com/content/updates/JRSP1Updates.pdf. If your having any issues as always the most current and "TS12 SP1" ready items are the ones on the site, so this should be what you download if your a TS2 MAC user with issues.

EDIT: Looks like we have identified some more aggressive error checking than was expected so there will be some bits that will require fixes. Look for more information on that in the coming days as we identify and fix these.

Thanks.
Kevin
JR Customer Support

Last edited:
Will there be updates and future add ons to the list since we are a bit behind on what is available on Simulator Central from you right now. By the way I quote you for your fantastic idea about using iTunes points to purchase your stuff now in game, it makes it much easier and saves my family money to use to get your stuff so I can use just my money. :)

Looks like you will need to update everything (both Paywear and Freewear) because I keep getting errors saying files are not existing, Mesh files are not found, incorrect tag size, etc etc. This is not just for your locomotives but also your rolling stock as well. (Luckly no of your steamers have this problem) but everything else does. Hope you fix it soon but remember to take your time fixing it, because rushing leaves things to be missed.

The mesh library issue is a game problem N3V themselves have acknowledged ( threads a thread in the mac forum on this). Beyond that we havent come across all that much that will not work in Mac 2. We've worked with a few TS MAC 2 users to get things squared away that need fixing so some updating ( as ive already sent you) is all that should be required here.

The update page for TS2 Mac is currently down. All the problems that the updates are supposed to fix are present in my game currently (texture file errors etc).

c297775b7379158d4fcb0837f414860b.png
84221725944d0dd2671d2fe49968b5bc.png

The update page for TS2 Mac is currently down. All the problems that the updates are supposed to fix are present in my game currently (texture file errors etc).

You will find that's due to a recent redesign of the site that they did. Have a look in the menus to see if the options are still there (since you've posted in a thread last updated in 2014).

Shane

Should now be located under Dependencies>Updates. As always please make sure to overwrite, and then of course commit all changes.

Thanks!

Mike

This is where I went, Dependencies>Updates>TANE/T2 MAC Updates>General Content Update 2. When clicking the download link it returns a 404 Not Found page. I've installed every single relevant dependency and I have over 255 pieces of content that are faulty. I'm guessing this is the one file I need and I can't get it. I've looked through nearly all the forum topics related to this and haven't found anything helpful. I'm fairly confident this file will fix most if not all the problems I'm having, but I can't find it.

Should now be located under Dependencies>Updates. As always please make sure to overwrite, and then of course commit all changes.

Thanks!

Mike

Try it again, looks like the file didn't have the correct link in it so it would constantly 404. Should be working now, I just downloaded it on my end.

Back