Article: Stay up to Date With N3V Games

You may find yourselves getting complaints as a result, given the fact that common security practice is not to click links in emails if you don't recognise them (and some Planet Auran members may not do).

Shane

I agree with Shane. When I get an e-mail asking me to update personal details it immediately looks suspicious.

It would have been better had you mentioned that a forum thread had been started then I would have gone looking for it rather than using the e-mail link.

Is this the best time to be doing this?

Is N3V Games vulnerable to the Heartbleed security bug?

Interesting you mention that one Casper. I don't think the link actually points to a secure (HTTPS) page anyway from what I've seen.

Even then though, I'm not happy of the way they've done it as it's possible for someone who wanted to to intercept email addresses that way (and also, it's been done by first name only, when an email like that also needs to include surname and possibly even Planet Auran username as well - call me paranoid, but the amount of phishing emails that are going around, I would have thought N3V would have had more sense than that.

Shane

Last edited:
Looks third party marketing - see who's active etc. Three emails for one a/c? I never invite spam, so who put me down for the "you want to know" newsletter?

Concentrate on TANE, will you, for which you have been given the money...

If you will compare the LINK URL to the "paste this into your address bar" URL, they are different. I will NEVER click a link or paste a URL if they differ. What looks like a scam usually is a scam.

I also agree with Shane - I'm actually here because I would not click on the email links but wondered who N3V was.

It seams like you woke up a sleeping dragon there Cratey!
Welcome to the Trainz forums Clinker.
Nice one Cratey to put us in danger to the Heartbleed Bug, just as it was getting in to top gear, some of my work colleagues have already had hundreds of pounds vanish from there bank accounts thanks to this particular bug.
Grate timing there bud...

I have received the email today, but agree the format used is usually those used by scammers to phish personal details. I know it looks genuine and I'm sure it is genuine, but I'm still not clicking on it.

The PR department need to find an alternative method that doesn't involve clicking links in unsolicited emails!

I've noticed on their Facebook page that they now have an Email Signup option. Perhaps they are branching out that way.

What doesn't help though is that some Planet Auran members haven't been around for some time, and may not be aware of the name N3V Games, whereas they would recognise the name Auran. Likewise, quite a few newer members may not recognise the name Auran unless they visited the Planet Auran section or looked at these forums.

Shane

Update help

You may find yourselves getting complaints as a result, given the fact that common security practice is not to click links in emails if you don't recognise them (and some Planet Auran members may not do).

Shane
hi I'm new to trainz and I need to update my trainz build. But how do i do it?

hi I'm new to trainz and I need to update my trainz build. But how do i do it?

Welcome to the forums. Firstly, you need the 5-digit number from the Launcher screen. I would suggest posting on the Forums page in the TS12 forum though as the Articles page is not the easiest to post replies to.

Shane

Hi. Not sure if this is the best place to ask but I am asking anyway.
Since the request to update our details - email, addresses, etc. the newsletter emails now come from a constantly changing email address. These two arrived today.
N3V Games [newsletters=n3vgames.com@mail[COLOR=#ff0000]33[/COLOR].atl111.rsgsv.net]; on behalf of; N3V Games [newsletters@n3vgames.com]
N3V Games [newsletters=n3vgames.com@mail[COLOR=#ff0000]33[/COLOR].atl111.rsgsv.net]; on behalf of; N3V Games [newsletters@n3vgames.com]
but last week it was
N3V Games [newsletters=n3vgames.com@mail[COLOR=#ff0000]51[/COLOR].atl111.rsgsv.net]; on behalf of; N3V Games [newsletters@n3vgames.com]

The numbers after "@mail" keep changing depending on the phase of the moon or which way the wind is blowing or something.

How can I set my junkmail filters to ensure all these new style newsletters go to the right pigeon hole in MS Outlook? There is no common email address or domain that I can set as a "safe" sender.
Thanks,
Ron.

Unable to connect to Auran for Trainz 12

Shane

Hi,
I am new to this game ,sorry for jumping to your site but have Trainz 12 and wish to add Murchison 2 to Trainz 12 By going to Trainz settings/general settings comes up Unable to connect toAuran server..Have reg for Trainz6/12/Murchison 2 all come back from Auran O>K> Has anybody any answers? Perhaps you can pass my problem to someone who has an answer..Sorry for jumping your site but dont know what to do.
Cheers,Eric....

Hi,
I am new to this game ,sorry for jumping to your site but have Trainz 12 and wish to add Murchison 2 to Trainz 12 By going to Trainz settings/general settings comes up Unable to connect toAuran server..Have reg for Trainz6/12/Murchison 2 all come back from Auran O>K> Has anybody any answers? Perhaps you can pass my problem to someone who has an answer..Sorry for jumping your site but dont know what to do.
Cheers,Eric....

Can I suggest that you create a thread in the TS12 forum on the Forums page, as more information will be required from you.

Shane

How can you stop support ON TS2006 and TS-2010, WHEN SUPPORT FOR THESE WAS NEVER PROVIDED???? What are you GM Motors?? I have never received any help in getting them operating....so my reasonable mind cannot figure out how something is stopped..that was never started? Make you a hell of a deal on my discs and false starts!!!!
Narrow Guage George

How can you stop support ON TS2006 and TS-2010, WHEN SUPPORT FOR THESE WAS NEVER PROVIDED???? What are you GM Motors?? I have never received any help in getting them operating....so my reasonable mind cannot figure out how something is stopped..that was never started? Make you a hell of a deal on my discs and false starts!!!!
Narrow Guage George

Support was provided for those versions at the time in the form of N3V's Helpdesk, the Download Station, and other features. If you are having non-serial related issues, you may want to create a thread in the appropriate part of the forum. N3V cannot provide support indefinitely though for older versions.

Shane

Support was provided for those versions at the time in the form of N3V's Helpdesk, the Download Station, and other features. If you are having non-serial related issues, you may want to create a thread in the appropriate part of the forum. N3V cannot provide support indefinitely though for older versions.

Shane

Thanks for your NO help. I tried helpdesk when I got 2006 and 2010, with NO responses (the desk must have been out for a nooner.). So they never worked for me. With TS2012. I asked for help through the "Forum" and received no helpful responses. In fact, since I have had access to "Forum", NOBODY including me, has provided any technical answers to ANY technical questions that I've seen. I cannot believe the million of Trainz subscribers have absolutely NO questions, and all their sims work perfectly. I started a couple of forums, but apparently they couldn't get over the equator because they never showed up in any form.

I am thinking a ad warning prospective subscribers placed in MODEL RAILROADER magazine might turn Australia right side up??

NarrowGuageGeorge

Back