Are there any Trainzers who play music??

wpn96

I know this might be off topic from Trainz, but are there any people here in the Trainz forums who play music??

'Cause I thought it would be pretty interesting to see who plays.

If you do play music (as a living or a hobby), what instrument do you play and how long? And what style of music do you play?

For example, My easiest instrument is the drums, I play the guitar (both acoustic and electric) and I'm alright at vocals too.

And like i said earlier, if you do play music, feel free to post in this thread. And if you don't play, you don't have to. This thread is just for something different than Trainz and for fun too. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

I should also note that I usually switch on and off which genre I play. At this very moment it's between rock and/or country music.

Here's to you, William. Self-explaining... And just for home fun...

zatoblues.jpg

The Bluesy Fender Stratocaster side of Alberte 'Fendie' Zato.
1720.gif

Hmm........

Guitar acoustic and electric, Mandolin, Fiddle, 5 String banjo, vocals. Was semi pro ( had a daytime job as well) for around 40 years but knackered up my left hand, so anything more than half an hour practice is now agony. Mainly Folk, Country Rock and Bluegrass and yes I am in the UK.

Acoustic and Electric guitar for about 4 years, keyboard for about 3 years, drums very sporadically for about 5 years too. I'm also pretty darn good at the triangle ;)

Jack

Last edited:
Well I used to play the bagpipes but I'm a bit short of breath now at my age.

Sometimes still have a bit of a session on the chanter, play mostly laments.

Bill69

I play the radio pretty good. :hehe:

Also play guitar, drums, dobro (not very good at it), harmonica, spoons, and sing. I used to do it professionally, but that was many moons ago.

I also did country comedy for about 15 years until it got to be more work than fun.

Dave

I play guitar, 4-string tenor banjo, mandolin, harmonica a little bit, and drums a little bit. Sing a little bit, but prefer to play. Do some volunteer stuff at nursing homes, no professional gigs.

Piano, organ, synthesizer and bass. Semi-pro on and off for fifteen or so years. I also build tube amplifiers and leslie (rotating) speakers. Wide range of influences and styles, from Nine Inch Nails and Gary Numan to Sam Cooke and Tom Waits.

Guitar acoustic and electric, Mandolin, Fiddle, 5 String banjo, vocals. Was semi pro ( had a daytime job as well) for around 40 years but knackered up my left hand, so anything more than half an hour practice is now agony. Mainly Folk, Country Rock and Bluegrass and yes I am in the UK.

Man that's awesome! I play 5 string banjo too! I tried 4 string for a bit but it didn't work out for me as much. I love folk and Bluegrass, as well as a little bit of irish music. You got any bands you suggest I should listen to?
One thing I would love to learn is the dobro. I dont know what it is about it I like, but it always adds so much to a band when it's played

Another weird thing that I've been getting into lately is indie rock. Anything you guys can suggest for me is welcome

John

Last edited:
I can pound on some pots & pans, does that count?

No seriously. I've been a choral singer since 7th grade. I haven't done it recently as college life kinda took over my life. But I still like doing it, just don't really have the time (I have to work during rehearsals for my choir). I also took piano lessons as a kid, I'm no where near good but I know the piano well enough to help me sing; and occasion I try and key out a tune.

That all being said I really want to pick up the Uilleann Pipes. I had a few lessons on the Scottish Pipes years and years ago, but I couldn't play them to save my life.

peter

I've played guitar for over 50 years and I now build top level classical guitars to the Australian pattern. Anyone who knows about classical guitars will understand what I mean.
I have a nice little market for what I make so life is good.

Well, my first love is classical organ. I enjoy playing pipe organs, even spent 8 years learning to build them before I left the work force. I also play piano, synth, guitar (12 string acoustic, 6 string electric, and 4 string bass) , lap harp, and zils.
Master of none; I play for myself mostly, and that makes me happy. Started piano at 7-8 and got onto my first pipe organ at 10. I've tried out a handful of other instruments, but I can't do all of them, much as I would like to. :)

Steph

Back