Murchison update: I still have invisible locos

RFAX

Was excited to see the update the Murchison 2 released. The update downloaded and installed without any errors. Fired it up and opened the Ore Barge to Pt Ross session - and the CN loco for the consist where you start the session is still invisible (as are a number of other locos for that session). Tried an EDR - no change. Suggestions?
Thanks!

Did you update the locos?

How? It's DLC, therefore built-in and the permissions is set to "is-pay ware"

I have the same problem as the OP, after the update, don't know about before as I never ran that session. Seems strange that a 1GB patch would break something like this.

Forget about the route.
The CN loco is a asset listed in the kuid list as are all the other assets.
Does the CN loco have errors.

Was excited to see the update the Murchison 2 released. The update downloaded and installed without any errors. Fired it up and opened the Ore Barge to Pt Ross session - and the CN loco for the consist where you start the session is still invisible (as are a number of other locos for that session). Tried an EDR - no change. Suggestions?
Thanks!

Same here, except that in my case it is trying to download the upgrade again, so I don't know which version I have installed. Unfortunately I cannot afford another 1Gb download for the month, so I'm going to have to wait to see if yet another download resolves the problem. (It lists in CM as :7, but I didn't take note of what it was before the upgrade).

Can someone give this a quick try please:
If you have a previous version of Murchison 2 installed. Un-install it and perform an EDR. After that download and install the new version fresh and report back if you are still seeing the missing locos.

Also, RFAX and kenneth, could you please post a screenshot of the problem you are seeing.

Regards,
Sidds

Ok..If a loco does not show up in a session does that mean there is something wrong with the session or the loco?

I haven't run a lot of sessions but I would look at the loco not the session.

Its been my experience that ANY trainz object that does not show up is either missing or in error.

xcrossi

Last edited:
... opened the Ore Barge to Pt Ross session - and the CN loco for the consist where you start the session is still invisible

Same problem here. CM reports that the Murchison route (Hi-detail) is not missing any assets and none of my CN locos are flagged as faulty. I just completed a long database repair yesterday after downloading the update.

G'day, I just tried the "Ore Barge to Pt Ross session" and yes the loco is invisible. I also found that in the loco sightseeing tour session the trucks in the yard have no running gear.

I agree with what some are saying about the errors being with the locomotives or wagons and not the session or route. However, the assets in question are specific to the Murchison sessions, eg VR ELX Gondola Empty,<kuid2:1854:6057:2>; CP7109 SW4,<kuid2:38304:7109:1>; CP7110 SW4,<kuid2:38304:7110:1>; D&C Speeder #10,<kuid2:86661:10:1> and they are all built-in items and are protected from editing and cloning. These when placed in a session only show up as two close consist direction arrows hovering over nothing, once place they cannot be deleted without adding another vehicle to make a new consist and deleting the consist. The Speeder has an update on the dls which works BUT has the same version number as the one built-in to the Murchison sessions and therefore cannot be used to update Trainz for people with the Murchson DLC.

Added to these there are some wagons that are missing there bogies, eg VR J Cement wagon,<kuid2:193148:1157:1>; VR GY wagon red loaded NP,<kuid2:193148:1445:1>; VR GY wagon red empty NP,<kuid2:193148:1444:1>; VR GY wagon red covered NP,<kuid2:193148:1443:1>; VR FJ Flour wagon,<kuid2:193148:1156:1>; VR ELX Gondola Empty,<kuid2:1854:6057:2>.

These are the ones that I have come across so far and I am sure there are many more.

It has been suggested that because these are all older content that use pm files instead of im files to load texture files, that because of the protection given to them, Trainz is unable to read the files so rendering them useless.

As a test I have installed earlier versions of the above assets and increased the version numbers to one greater than that in the Murchison sessions and they now work and show correctly so there maybe some truth in the suggestion.

These cabooses also do not show:

CP439552 Caboose,<kuid2:38304:19001:1>
CP 437083 Caboose,<kuid2:38304:19005:1>
CP 437051 Caboose,<kuid2:38304:19004:1>
Caboose-Center Cupola-Southern Pacific,<kuid2:72938:100848:1>
Caboose DMIR C188,<kuid2:63971:100517:1>
caboose,<kuid:44700:15018>

Last edited:
As a test I have installed earlier versions of the above assets and increased the version numbers to one greater than that in the Murchison sessions and they now work and show correctly so there maybe some truth in the suggestion.

I was thinking of doing that, as I've already up-versioned the D&C Speeder update from the DLS by 1 in 49922 and imported it to 61388 thus obsoleting the broken one.

I also have the invisible locos in the Port Ross session. I only have the upgraded version of Murchison on my drive as I removed the old files from my system. Actually would be nice if these were removed by the upgrade.

The session "grain run" has two invisible wagons at the very beginning. Apparently the route only was updated and not the sessions.
Very disappointing after so long a wait.

Rob

It is not the sessions that are faulty but the wagons and locomotives they are using. The assets, some of which are on the dls with updates as recently as 12 Feb 2014 work in other versions of Trainz including TS12 without Murchison DLC. It is only some Murchison content that has been given protected privilege status that does not show in game. Additionally it seems that it is mostly older content using pm files to load textures rather than im files so it would seem that Trainz is having problems with the protection on the asset as I mentioned in post #10.

OK...just finished deleting the tdd024_1, _2 & _3 directories from userdata\packages directory ... performed an EDR ... and redownloaded ... happy to say that at least the locos are visible in CN - Ore barge to Pt Ross session. Haven't checked for other fixes...but after the latest download prior to the delete/EDR/redownload, the locos were NOT visible...so it did help. I'm hopeful the other issues may be resolved as well.

Last edited:
G'day, I had a look at "userdata\packages" and I have tdd023_1 & tdd023_2 only and they appear to be S&C but I have tdd024_1, tdd024_2 and tdd024_3 so I will try and confirm if they are Murchison and do as you have.
Just like big Arni said "I'll be back.
Regards
Barrie

TDD024 is Murchison 2 and TDD023 is S&C
You will have to delete all the 3 files for tdd024 (1, 2 and 3) and perform an EDR before re-downloading the new build.

Regards,
Sidds

G'day Sidds, already sussed out and EDR under way I will then close down and restart then reinstall Murchison 2 and see what happens,
Regards
Barrie

EDIT:- Surprise, surprise, after doing the EDR trainz decided to verify over 1600 assets......WHY.......doesn't an EDR do that?????
This is so frustrating and seemingly unnecessary we never had this before SP1 and DRM, what gives, this is destroying the enjoyment of trainz.
So now I have to wait for this verification to be carried out before I can reinstall
Murchison 2 and then probably have to wait for another verification which seems to be carried out during the install anyway. You only have to observe TADDaemon to confirm this.

EDIT 2:- Another strange thing I have noticed with these annoying validations is the fact that they always finish with 33 assets remaining to validate, why is this, I guess it is so it has an excuse to do another validation at the most inconvenient time possible and annoy hell out of the user.

Last edited:
G'day, I had a look at "userdata\packages" and I have tdd023_1 & tdd023_2 only and they appear to be S&C but I have tdd024_1, tdd024_2 and tdd024_3 so I will try and confirm if they are Murchison and do as you have.
Just like big Arni said "I'll be back.
Regards
Barrie

Sorry about that, eyes aren't what they used to be (and neither is the finger coordination) ... I've changed my post to reference tdd024. And yeah, it takes a while to get everything back to normal with all of the verifications for sure. I did the EDR on my desktop, tried a QDR after deleting the 3 package directories on my laptop and it still fixed the missing locos ... so really, only a QDR seems to be required (I know it's a little late, but it might help others).

Something else this will fix is Slugsmasher's SS Switchers Nightmare route/session. It uses one of the locos that was invisible, but now isn't. Only issue now is the bug in the SS Switcher's Nightmare, due to a Arn error ... but I found that was easily fixed by editing the config.txt file on the NP tuscan 40ft Boxcar,<kuid2:78865:15002:2> ... all you have to do is change the arn_data-78865 to arn-data-78865 in the extensions structure (change the underline to a dash ... because that's how it is referenced in the script ... I guess you could change the script instead to use an underline ... but the config.txt file seems easier!!!), save it, commit it and the Automatic Numbering actually works and the bug goes away. Even though this is a built-in asset, doesn't seem to be any problems with editing it. Probably a bit off-topic, but thought I'd share.

Last edited:
G'day, well what a frustrating total waste of time, nothing changed still got invisi locos and bogies. The situation is now that I had a Murchison install that was fine and now have one with all these invisible assets.......good on N3V..........Oh I forgot it is the creators fault N3V just host it.
What about all this stupid validations, you do an EDR (that validates doesn't it?) and then straight away stupid trainz does a validation, talk about dumb and dumber. It has been claimed that the validation process has nothing to do with DRM so how come I did not have this until installing DLC.......Oh that's right .....if you don't like it (validations) don't install it (DLC) MMM good marketing strategy........if you don't want to spend a heap of time waiting for validations just don't buy DLC.
Barrie

Back