Users of peterdhicks' East Midlands Class 222 trains - do not install todays updates

shaneturner12

Tutorial Creator
Moderators - if this is in the wrong place, please put it in the right place.

(My thanks goes to Warbo40 over on British Trainz for this - the original thread is at http://forum.british-trainz.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2222).

Some updates for the East Midlands Class 222 trains were uploaded this morning. Do not download these updates (dated yesterday) they are faulty and will prevent you using the units as intended. (unit numbers cannot be changed and passengers cannot be added)

I believe that this is a side effect of the DLS Cleanup project.

I would suggest that anyone who has already downloaded the updates delete the versions they have installed today.

Shane

Last edited:
Here's is a fix for Peter Hicks class 222's to get them working , I originally posted this on the British Trainz forum and it was subsequently reposted on here a few months back , So whoever screwed up the repair has NO EXCUSE !!!!

Nexusdj said:
Looking over the Midland Mainline version I notice that the trailing vehicles are set up as vehicle (isclass Vehicle) in the script files when they should set up as "Locomotive" as the engine tag is set at 1 in the config files.

It solves the problem .
When I placed the driving cars in surveyor the wipers animation was active but in driver they worked fine . Lighting works and unit can be issued commands and be driven manually in both directions .

So to solve the problem you need to open up the non driving cars for edit (the ones without cabs !! )
Find the script file "Class222.gs"
Select it , copy and then paste it somewhere else just in case you get the following steps wrong !!

open up the script file (Class222.gs)

find the entry :
class class222 isclass Vehicle

and change it to :
class class222 isclass Locomotive

Make sure you use a capital "L" for Locomotive .

Click top left : File then save then exit .

Commit vehicle in CMP and see if it flags up any red errors .
If it does then you've done it wrong go back and replace file with copied version and try again .

If not then it should be flagged yellow in TS12 for build being less than 2.7 but it will still work .

Thankyou for your response Dave. I also cannot believe how the repairer has managed to muck up the repair, as according to Warbo40 the unit numbers cannot now be set and passengers cannot be added to the units. (luckily, I haven't installed the updates in question, and I'm not intending to at this stage)

It does say something about the DLS Cleanup process if any member of the community is able to 'repair' assets if it actually makes things worse.

Shane

nexusdj - could the engine tag in the trailers be set to 0 to make it match the setting in the class222.gs file, after all if the vehicle is not meant to be driven should it not be set to vehicle in the gs file and 0 in the engine tag.

Last edited:
That may conflict with other tags in the config. I had the problem nexusdj described and found it's safer to change the class reference in the script.

Shane

However, the disadvantage of having the engine tag as 1 is that Trainz wants to put a driver in the non existent cab.

Indeed. I think it's something to do with how Peter originally made the units. You are welcome to try changing the engine tag to 0, but I'm not sure what the effects may be of that.

Shane

If you change the engine tag to "0" then the engine sounds will not work on the vehicle , case in point my old mk2 reskins all used to have (some would say annoying) a whirring sound of the Air conditioning unit but since the use of the engine tag in a config was tightened up they don't work anymore , apart from on the DBSO's where the engine tag is set to "1" .

All the intermediate vehicles are powered so they should be set up as engines . They all contain an entry for an interior and all use a silent horn sound so are set up correctly as loco's . The sim wont try and place a driver figure in the intermediate vehicles simply because there is no attachment point for it , which is no different to one of my plain mesh units .

Thank you nexusdj I will change the entries in the gs files and hope there is nothing else wrong with them. It might take a while because Trainz wants to update my Murchison files so after they have downloaded and the validations have been performed I might get back to Trainz latter this week.

To be on the safe side I've repaired the last 3 remaining items of Peter Hicks content on the repair list ;)

That's good.

For others who are reading this thread, it's updated content dated yesterday (16/03/2014) with 222 in the name that are the problem here. It's not to be confused with other assets uploaded on the same date.

Names/KUIDS:

East Midlands 222 MSRMB,<kuid2:116035:22223:1>
East Midlands 222 MSO,<kuid2:116035:22226:1>
East Midlands 222 MFO,<kuid2:116035:22233:1>
East Midlands 222 MCO,<kuid2:116035:22236:1>
East Midlands 222 DMSO,<kuid2:116035:22219:1>
East Midlands 222 DMFO,<kuid2:116035:22229:1>
East Midlands Class 222 Nameplates,<kuid2:116035:22230:2>

Shane

P.S. I cannot seem to find who repaired the above assets as they are no longer appearing on the public listing.

EDIT: The KUIDs above are the pre-repaired versions - see next post (by dnevans8) for the updated KUIDs.

Last edited:
Further to Shane's post in which he gives the old kuid versions, these are the versions that appear in the Today tab of CM with a date of 17 March 2014.

It is probably only the first seven assets that are giving a problem because of the wrong isclass label in the class 222 gs file as described by nexusdj above.

East Midlands 222 MSRMB Mainline livery,<kuid2:116035:22222:2>
East Midlands 222 MSRMB,<kuid2:116035:22223:2>
East Midlands 222 MSO,<kuid2:116035:22226:2>
East Midlands 222 MFO Mainline livery,<kuid2:116035:22232:2>
East Midlands 222 MFO,<kuid2:116035:22233:2>
East Midlands 222 MCO Mainline livery,<kuid2:116035:22235:2>
East Midlands 222 MCO,<kuid2:116035:22236:2>

East Midlands 222 DMSO,<kuid2:116035:22219:2>
East Midlands 222 DMFO Mainline livery,<kuid2:116035:22228:2>
East Midlands 222 DMFO,<kuid2:116035:22229:2>
East Midlands Class 222 Nameplates,<kuid2:116035:22230:3>

They seem to work once the change is made.

To be on the safe side I've repaired the last 3 remaining items of Peter Hicks content on the repair list ;)

In addition to the three you have claimed this one is probably out there being updated and broken:

East Midlands 222 DMSO Mainline livery,<kuid2:116035:22218:1>

Last edited:
Here's is a fix for Peter Hicks class 222's to get them working , I originally posted this on the British Trainz forum and it was subsequently reposted on here a few months back , So whoever screwed up the repair has NO EXCUSE !!!!

NO EXCUSE actually applies to those who knew of the fix and failed to claim the asset from the cleanup list, fix it according to those instructions and upload. If it was such common knowledge that the creator was no longer participating in Trainz and a fix had been published, how come the item was still on the DLS? How many of those now complaining fixed it for their own use and then failed to share that fix with the community via the DLS Cleanup upload?

Time spent griping about inadequate fixes would be better spent getting the items off the DLS Cleanup and back into the game.

For your information I only became aware that Peters 222's where actually on the list the other day . At the time I managed to fix and upload his 2 DBSO's as I only had enough spare time to do those as I'm working on other projects !
I have better things to do than trawl the DLS cleanup list on a daily basis and may I remind you of the fact again that I've actually repaired the remaining content from Peters list this afternoon . That's on top of repairing Eldavo's KTA wagon and showing some users on the British trainz forum how to repair his Payware class 92's

What the hell have you done today to further the Trainz experience apart from gripe at me !!!!

Given your attitude towards my comment was it you who fixed the 222's !!!!

Last edited:
There's no excuse for fixing something and not testing it first before uploading, which is what happened here. If they had tested it they would have realised it didn't work. Then they could have released it back to the pool for someone who did know how to fix it.

In any case there are no announcements when things are released to the list, and often they have been claimed already. You do know there are 10s of pages to be fixed?

...It does say something about the DLS Cleanup process if any member of the community is able to 'repair' assets if it actually makes things worse.

Shane

I've been saying this for ages, but all I get for my trouble is reprimanded by Chris (WindWalker), and abused and harrassed by other members for pointing out that some people are just not qualified to "fix" assets on the DLS Cleanup list.

There is one guy in-particular who goes so far as to replace the assets screenshot with his own logo, because his ego at fixing an asset is more important than letting people see what the asset is.

NO EXCUSE actually applies to those who knew of the fix and failed to claim the asset from the cleanup list, fix it according to those instructions and upload. If it was such common knowledge that the creator was no longer participating in Trainz and a fix had been published, how come the item was still on the DLS? How many of those now complaining fixed it for their own use and then failed to share that fix with the community via the DLS Cleanup upload?

Time spent griping about inadequate fixes would be better spent getting the items off the DLS Cleanup and back into the game.

So what you are saying is that people should spend time glued to the DLS clean up project just in case something they know how to clean up comes up? Perhaps just a tiny bit unreasonable.

I think there is a need for a separate person to beta test the corrected content but I don't know how that can be worked into the project. I was looking at some content today the error was minor but it uses the wrong height in the shadow which doesn't show unless you actually run it in TS12.

Cheerio John

Back