11r9d34.jpg
2u8whvl.jpg
13yiayq.jpg
et7fp0.jpg
14xdstj.jpg
2yudnyp.jpg

Last edited:
Hello hotrgove from Glasgow!

An excellent project you have been doing there and I must say excellent stuff. Regarding a map of the system I got a line drawing several years ago at the Annual Scottish Model rail Show and used it to bold the whole of the Glasgow tramway. Every single line that existed actually and I also walked every former route including the far flung places like Johnstone, Kilbarchan, Cambuslang and the rest. My effort is certainly not in the same league at all however i started by intending only to do the west side where i live and remembered the routes but it gre and grew and after a couple of years I managed the complete thing. I have alos included a couple of routes closed before WW2. It was a giant effort and never thought I would complete the thing as Glasgow had the largest tramway outside London but I got there! Much of the scenery is simpler and was my then first attempt at building anything on Trainz. So you have done a greater job on the backgrounds than I and I have on my site several slideshows covering west-central-north-east-south-southwest. The excellent route map is a very large one and I got a copy made for a tram fan who lived in Duntocher so if you want the giant map can be copied and should you be in Glasgow can get it to you. My site is at www.glasgowtramsim.moonfruit.com

Tks for that rjhowie.Your route was the inspiration behind my wee project.I have it saved on my computer and have viewed your slideshows on numerous occasions.It was a huge undertaking for a first project and i realise with something so expansive you can't really get bogged down with too many fine details.I basically started out with a stretch of cobbled road which i named as Duke st and started to add little bits and pieces of urban life.It was competely carefree and fictional until i decided to replicate High street and Castle street.The bending climb and trying to find the appropriate buildings was much more difficult than i thought.You will notice i have knocked a few buildings together to try and attain a likeness to the Royal Infirmary.I've found some of the work painstaking so i took a wee step back from it but will be heading up Springburn road in the near future.Good luck with your Irish project and thanks again.......Stewart.

Aye you have done well there and my compliments. Maybe if i had just stuck to the west as my original intention I might have spent more time on better scenery but does not detract in any way from you first class efforts there. Having been a Glasgow tram lover since a wee boy I just had to try the impossible and never ever thought I would do the whole system to be very frank. Walking many of the former routes was a pleasure and a help health-wise (and lost some pounds!). When in Barrhead taking notes I bumped into a couple ad it turned out the man's wife wasd a next tram conductress so had a great blether!

In my walks I had discovered that the trams had went beyond the old depot at Elderslie to Johnstone then singled to Kilbarchan but closed before the war and traced the old terminus without too much bother. The only odd thing I added was at Blairdardie near to where I live. The No 1 stopped just before the then
You have done really well there and nice to know I gave some encouragement to terminus before the swing bridge on the Forth & Clyde Canal. In 1948 it had been planned to extend beyond that past Drumchapel to join the Clydebank-Duntocher line but was shelved. no doubt the cost of the bridge situ wouldn't have helped. At the same time another extension off the No 1 route on Anniesland Road was to be created onto Alderman Road to Dyke Road ( that would have been a 2 min walk from my house!) but that too was abandoned the same year. I still have that well, giant line drawing map of every line that existed and was worth the three quid I think it cost. A couple of years ago I managed a place to copy it for a man out in Duntocher who got a copy of my project. Although working on something else now I really must get round to getting another to look over certain things for me so it can be made available as there are literally hours to explore.

So once again my complete congratulations and you have spent a lot of time I know doing what you have done and a credit to the old "Glesca caurs."

Cheers rjhowie.......i've taken it to Springburn road just beyond the St Rollox Railworks.From photos i know that the tram lines are on one side of the road as they dip under the bridge.
10gjxvo.jpg
118kpdz.jpg
2rmm5c9.jpg
24mzzuh.jpg
2eminib.jpg
4tm05e.jpg
erncw4.jpg
2qnqzqe.jpg
wsp4sw.jpg
9atssi.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice work Hotgrove, great screenshots. One problem though, the script error red button in all the screenshots, what's causing it? I know on my own layout I get the same problem every time a certain tram changes it's destination blind, something I can't put right. Other then to replace the tram with a different one.

Thanks carr...i'm not sure.It is a slight annoyance.I'm wondering if i need to download the service packs with trz 2009...i don't have any and i'm reluctant to do so.The coronation tram for instance.It runs ok but won't allow me to fill it with passengers.I also wanted to use the daimler buses with the Glasgow livery but i'm unable to change the colour.I get an error message before trainz shuts down on me.

Hi Hotgrove,

I downloaded the coronation tram to my German layout for a test and It works fine, see screenshot below. I assume you have tried it loaded with people? I downloaded the service packs up to build 44653 and found it to be a vast improvement then my earlier version.
With the on screen red button, if you click on it and then 'more' It will tell you which vehicle is causing the problem. When you press close the button it should disappear, then in pause you could take your screenshots with out it being there.

I think the cure for the Daimler bus, maybe to upgrade your version of trs 2009 as I have never had the problem.

Regards

Mark

[URL=http://s978.photobucket.com/user/mcarrara1/media/Trainz%20Trams/carr_20140707_0000_zps4b563361.jpg.html]
carr_20140707_0000_zps4b563361.jpg
[/URL]

I followed those steps carr and it dosen't tell me much but it is the coronation tram that is causing the error.....i'm reluctant to try the service packs as i've heard they can cause problems but i might have no choice.How would i go about downloading SP1 for trainz 2009 ?

Have a look in the ts 2009 forum, full details of the service packs are there, 6th thread down. If you choose to update, a small tip save them rather then run them which you could do later from your download file. I you do run them be prepared to wait hours for them to install.

With the coronation tram, Have you checked in DLS to see if there is an upgrade? If the one you have is showing missing dependencies try putting it into the content manger download section again to see if it will pick it up.

I've had a look at that carr and was instructed to match the build number.I can't see my build number anywhere (38869).

I think you may have to start with 38599 to 40040 SP2 then 40040 to 41844 SP3 and then 41844 to 44653 SP4 but before you do this I would re-ask the question in the 2009 forum, just to be sure.

Ok carr....i think i will put it on hold for now... I notice my build number is also above what is required for SP2 ?.....still too many grey areas for me at the moment.

SP 2 will take you to 40040 and your build is below that. The only other thing I would say is when you do decide to up date.do them all at once, so you do not have problems.

The build you have is the Just Trains version. You will require the patch from their website - the Can I Patch My Version page has a direct link to the relevant patch.

Shane

Back