ExTrainz Manager New Release

ebertsch

Ethan Bertsch
A new release of ExTrainz Manager is available on the DS. A lot of small issues fixed as well as a new feature in surveyor mode. When in surveyor mode and you go to "View Products" or click on a product to view its details. There is now a link to view all the rolling stock that can carry the product so you know which rolling stock to add to your session.

Also, thanks to everyone who has given me feedback to improve the rule as well.

--Ethan

Great news, Ethan! This has turned out to be one of the best assets available for Trainz. Looking forward to the updated version! :D

Good day to you Ethan,

I'm sorry, but, after installing your asset into my TS12 I get the following 27 errors, I have listed them below, however, even though I'm a veteran of the game and can repair the majority of problems I haven't a clue as to how to go about rectifying these script errors and wondered if you can throw any ideas my way, please?

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Error: extrainzmanager.gs(278) : function SetWindowCentered not declared in class Browser or derivative, line 278.
Error: extrainzmanager.gs(297) : function SetWindowCentered not declared in class Browser or derivative, line 297.
Error: extrainzmanager.gs(649) : function SetWindowCentered not declared in class Browser or derivative, line 649.
Error: extrainzmanager.gs(743) : function SetWindowCentered not declared in class Browser or derivative, line 743.
Error: exworld.gs(179) : function ShowHelpPopup not declared in class Interface or derivative, line 179.
Error: exworld.gs(1841) : object<WorldCoordinate> not declared, line 1841.
Error: exworld.gs(1841) : function GetMapObjectPosition not declared in class MapObject or derivative, line 1841.
Error: exworld.gs(1841) : cannot cast from to object, line 1841.
Error: exworld.gs(1842) : object<WorldCoordinate> not declared, line 1842.
Error: exworld.gs(1842) : function GetMapObjectPosition not declared in class MapObject or derivative, line 1842.
Error: exworld.gs(1842) : cannot cast from to object, line 1842.
Error: exworld.gs(1845) : unknown object class for '.' operator, line 1845.
Error: exworld.gs(1845) : cannot cast from to int, line 1845.
Error: exworld.gs(1846) : unknown object class for '.' operator, line 1846.
Error: exworld.gs(1846) : cannot cast from to int, line 1846.
Error: exworld.gs(1847) : unknown object class for '.' operator, line 1847.
Error: exworld.gs(1847) : cannot cast from to float, line 1847.
Error: exworld.gs(1848) : unknown object class for '.' operator, line 1848.
Error: exworld.gs(1848) : cannot cast from to float, line 1848.
Error: exworld.gs(1850) : unknown object class for '.' operator, line 1850.
Error: exworld.gs(1850) : cannot cast from to int, line 1850.
Error: exworld.gs(1851) : unknown object class for '.' operator, line 1851.
Error: exworld.gs(1851) : cannot cast from to int, line 1851.
Error: exworld.gs(1852) : unknown object class for '.' operator, line 1852.
Error: exworld.gs(1852) : cannot cast from to float, line 1852.
Error: exworld.gs(1853) : unknown object class for '.' operator, line 1853.
Error: exworld.gs(1853) : cannot cast from to float, line 1853.

Sorry you are having issues, From the errors listed above, I assume you are on TS12 WITHOUT SP1. This rule will ONLY work with TS12 SP1 and above.

--Ethan

Ahhh, righto, it is shown under TS10 build 3.4 on the DLS, so, I just thought I'd give it a try, but, don't worry then, thanks for your response Ethan, others may take note of this as well then if they think like me they can get it working, a bit of a shame, but, we can't win them all.:hehe:

Cheerz. ex.

Hey Ethan

This is a great script you have and I use it like crazy on one of my maps but after I assembled a 76 car freight train I went to view the consist and got a blank screen and the red bug showed with this

Thread Exception: ER_Timeout, line 585, file exworld.gse

Stack dump:

function $ExProduct@ExWorld::GetProductInList(ExProduct[],string), line -1
function $string@ExConsistManager::GetConsistDetailsHtml(int), line 369
function $void@ExTrainzManager::ViewConsistDetails(int), line 625

But when i view another smaller consist it work fine, I'm not sure that I've done something wrong or it's an error but thought you should know of this.

p.s. just one thing i would like to see added if possible is all the distance can change to kilometers as well as miles.

Cheers. Duck.

Last edited:
can you also make it so that when you click on the consist it shows the number cars are in the consist?
Like consists 3 engine 1 tender 1 cars in consists 46 something like that.

First, great program.
Do have a question. I have an industry that shows up in surveyor as "not configured" in the exTrainz screen yet it is clearly configured to load a specific commodity when I press the ? in surveyor.
Any idea why this may be so?

Is that industry a Lars or ProLars industry? If so, then ExTrainz Manager does NOT support those industries. Not sure what the Lars industries are doing or using, but any of the standard API calls into those industries do not work. So until the Lars industries use the normal, standard API's they will not be supported.

First, great program.
Do have a question. I have an industry that shows up in surveyor as "not configured" in the exTrainz screen yet it is clearly configured to load a specific commodity when I press the ? in surveyor.
Any idea why this may be so?

Use JR's Multiple Industry track <kuid2:45324:400001:2> it does all that Lars & ProtoLars does. I converted about 100 industries on one route.

John

Thanks for that - used the multiple industry new and it appears to be working.
Do not think JR's Multiple In is on the DLS anymore -at least I could not find it.
Also solves an issue with Car Tagger.

Question for JohnnyC
Does Jr's Multiple In let you leave car on an industry track and have a timed load or unload while your engine is off doing something else?
This was ProtoLars big difference with multiple industry new, I thought.

Rob

Question for JohnnyC
Does Jr's Multiple In let you leave car on an industry track and have a timed load or unload while your engine is off doing something else?
This was ProtoLars big difference with multiple industry new, I thought.

Rob

Yes it does, the begin load/unload time can be set as well interval betweeen loading can be set. When spotting a car use the menu "show messages" option and it will show the progress. On a side note, LARS BI (Basic Industry) tracks are also supported, any industry will show in-game.

John

Thank You.

McCall Yard was setup that way. Remember dropping empty autoracks at the auto plant and picking full ones later in the session.

Rob

Back