Announcement: Transfer of responsibilities and new procedures

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings ladies and gentlemen,

I am pleased to announce that I have assumed responsibilities of managing Screenshot of The Week. I will be making the following changes to improve and streamline the entire process in the interests of ease of use and reducing clutter. Each week will now have it's own thread which contains both submissions and votes. This will greatly simplify looking for the correct thread to vote for and also allow concurrently viewing submissions and voting without having to switch tabs.

The simplified and easier-to-navigate format as follows:

Screenshots
navArrowOrangeDown.png

Submissions closed, voting begins
navArrowOrangeDown.png

Voting
navArrowOrangeDown.png

Voting closed, winner announced
navArrowOrangeDown.png

/thread

Of course, screenshot of the week must be carried out weekly. Every week's winner will be featured in the Trainz newsletter; in order to accommodate the publishing schedule, every competition will start and end around Tuesday 12 noon (GMT/UTC/Zulu). Thank you for your understanding.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Congratulations with your new job/function/task!

I wish you good luck and would be happy to see this weekly thing become weekly again :hehe: .

Fantastic news! :D

I look forward to fishing for votes by showing my content I've made that others can't have. :hehe:

Kieran.

Thank you Nicholas and well done for taking this on.

Thanks also to Zachary (Retro00064) for all of the work, good humour and tolerance during his reign as SSOTW organiser for such a long time. It’s a big commitment, and understandably difficult to keep on track all of the time. Well done though!:Y:

~snip~I look forward to fishing for votes by showing my content I've made that others can't have. :hehe:~snip~

No cheating!!:p

Nicholas,

Great to have you aboard!

By the way, did you get the list that Zachary had of suggested themes? I'm sure that would help you.

Peter.

Thank you for the encouragement chaps, much appreciated and I'll do my best. I have yet to receive a response from Zach on the suggestions list but it could be exhausted considering that he posted "next week has no theme" in the Winter thread. Still, feel free to throw any suggestions my way. You may contact me by simply clicking the MSN icon for my email address or directly via Skype (I'm often online it's just the button doesn't work).

To avoid a conflict of interest (because I'd still love to join in the fun) I shall only use suggested themes and none of my own. If there are no suggestions for a particular week, then it's open category. :)

Cheerio,
Nicholas

I think Zach liked to go one week w/ theme one w/o, if you look back it seems to be a subtle pattern every once in a while...

Thank you for pointing that out, it was a pattern that I missed. Still, until I receive further word from Zach, suggestions for next week's theme (starting tomorrow) are all welcome. Please email or Skype.

Congrats on your new job, Nicholas! :)
And thanks to Retro00064 for counting votes for such a long time. I fully understand that real life must have priority.

Thank you. You may but I highly discourage it because the very small inbox quota means that I constantly have to delete messages.

Nicolas,

I suppose you would prefer we use your Hotmail email address in your profile (or via the MSN logo as you said) for suggestions.

It's probably best not to take them on the weekly thread or even, for example, this thread as they may cause discussion which is unwanted as [a] it could cause contention and your decision on such matters is final anyway.

I hope that, when you wrote that "I'd still love to join in the fun", it means you will still be voting and submitting screenshots. I certainly cannot see why not since the voting is so transparent anyway.

Good luck and enjoy!

Peter.

Thank you. You may but I highly discourage it because the very small inbox quota means that I constantly have to delete messages.

Back