A few UK schedule/freight questions (one of which is Trainz related)...

shaneturner12

Tutorial Creator
Hi Trainzers,

I'm hoping someone knows the answers to these, as I'm trying to implement the appropriate freight train for a specific schedule.

The route I'm looking at is Lindsey Oil Refinery (Immingham,UK) to Westerleigh Murco (close to Bristol,UK).

1. In which direction is the loaded freight (as I'm assuming the opposite way is empty wagons), and what is the cargo on said freight?
2. Does anyone know if the oil refinery is supplied by road or rail (and if it's rail, from where)?
3. What is the appropriate UK wagon for the freight route mentioned above?

Shane

Last edited:
Shane, Lindsey Oil Refinery isn't "near Nottingham", it's at Immingham on the north Lincolnshire coast, on the Humber estuary.

It's usually hauled by a class 66 & is approx 20 TEA's.

Last edited:
Thankyou for the correction. I will amend my opening post accordingly.

Shane

EDIT: Thankyou for the additional information. That will help me with the formation of the required freight train.

Last edited:
If anyone else (or even Kev) has any further information regarding this freight working/route, I'm interested in all information provided and appreciate all responses.

Shane

Last edited:
Thankyou to both Kev and stagecoach for the information given so far. That has answered all but one question (stagecoach - that link you've provided may help me with other freight trains in that area as well).

The final piece of the puzzle is cargo related. Any ideas what's in the wagons on the Lindsey Oil Refinery - Westerleigh Murco working?

Shane

P.S. If anyone happens to know what kind of receiving facility it is down at Westerleigh Murco, I'm also interested in that information so I can put the correct industry in on Trainz.

1. In which direction is the loaded freight (as I'm assuming the opposite way is empty wagons), and what is the cargo on said freight?
2. Does anyone know if the oil refinery is supplied by road or rail (and if it's rail, from where)?
3. What is the appropriate UK wagon for the freight route mentioned above?

1. Loaded out of LOR. Cargo would be petrol and/or diesel.
2. LOR is supplied with crude oil by pipeline.
3. Way back when (1970s), it was 100 ton tanks, although on occasion the odd 45 tonners could be seen, Traction would be (air braked) class 47s. As has been said, nowadays it's still 100 ton tanks most likely with a class 66 (or 60).

...Any ideas what's in the wagons on the Lindsey Oil Refinery - Westerleigh Murco working?...P.S. If anyone happens to know what kind of receiving facility it is down at Westerleigh Murco, I'm also interested in that information so I can put the correct industry in on Trainz.

Cargo is answered above, Westerleigh Murco is an Oil Storage depot and holds petrol (and possibly also diesel) in storage tanks for onwards distribution by road. Why don't you get in touch with them http://www.murco.co.uk/contact-murco/ they may well send you some info.

Note: Any tanker that has shipped volatile liquid (e.g. Petrol) is not considered to be Empty (unless it is purged - washed out - which is rare), tankers returning to LOR would be classified as "Discharged". Tankers are more dangerous in a discharged state as they are full of a potentially explosive vapour.

Chris

Thankyou for the additional information Chris. That will help me with the final piece of the puzzle, and allow me to set up the freight properly now.

One further question though. Does anyone know of a industry-enabled storage facility on Trainz that accepts petrol/diesel?

I will see what information I can get from Murco when I get chance later on.

Shane

Just use a multiple industry new and set it up to accept diesel, and plonk a few storage tanks down beside it?

Thankyou Stovepipe and nexusdj. I can make use of that schedule link for timing and passing point information, and I can make use of a multiple industry New to sort out the other end (which may help me deal with any other routes from there).

Shane

Back