Transdem path too complex

MNIBARI08

Trainz veteran
for trainz users, well I am trying to get my maps to follow my path but it saying its too complex, there is a video on transdem site but no audio can someone help me as I am not new to it, but Its making my work twice as hard I need somone who can talk through skype or do a video tutorial explaining why it can not do it but all the basic data is there.

heres the link i was following from http://transdem.de/download/public/misc/mrgisa/4 MAP TILE DATA.htm. but I still got path too complex, even a simple route can not be followed

step 1 I put my dem into Transdem

Step 2 put the railway route in

step 3 now getting maps, clicked on map images along the path

step 4 path too complex

what do I do now

Thanks

Matthew :(

Hello Matthew,

What kind of provider ( MS Virtual Earth, Google Maps, etc ... ) and tile type ( map, orthophoto, etc ... ) are you using?

Best regards

Kurt :wave:

open streetmap :) I am using, the route I am doing is well known off but sometimes the route I add in or parts of, tell me the path is to complex. I try xyz format and it helped a bit but it does not like something whithin path that is too complex, but the path is nearly basic enough but no it did not like it at all.

I try both with photo and map as well.

My dem is correct one because I build it myself but the path is correct, but like i say some parts of route is making transdem saying the path is too complex

Last edited:
Do multiple passes to get the maps in. It may take several downloads to cover the area you want. I've had the same problem and this is how I solved it.

John

Matthew,

All I can suggest is that you create a new straightforward route in TransDEM, just a straight piece of track a couple of miles long. See if that works. There may be a problem with the route you are using. I've just used the same tutorial without any problems

"Path too Complex" means you have too many points on the path you plotted for the maps to follow.

You can either reduce the "complexity" of your path, by making less turns (less points, less accurate), or do as John said, and plot your path in smaller high detail sections, and download the maps in groups.

THANKS to all of you, just to let you all know, the route that I am doing is the whole of the M&GN but I am also doing part of GE with in the route area of M&GN. I am breaking down the route as we speak, using gpx editor as well :)

I have progressed since your information has been given, but I hit speed bump, does anyone know any programs that you have used to make the route more simple for transdem to understand, as I try gpx editor but it does not give you much details I try route converter nothing there. :eek:.

any Ideas

thanks

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

You could try editing the route (path) generated by the imported gpx program into multiple parts. Import, delete parts, save, and then repeat again for other paths.

John

'Path to complex' means you have way to many splines tracing your trackwork. Easy way around is just to do a single rough spline which traces the route you want and then get your maps. After that you can go back and add the complete splines or route file.

Back