New train to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the screenshot that I took of it. I The reason the words are is because I have TomixNscale89's permission to upload it onto the RCW.
trainzzeldaspirittrain_zps56ba4c59.jpg

EDIT: Sure you can work with me. I'm still learning the process, and maybe a second hand might get me a bit farther with these models.

Wait. Who gave ThomasNScale89 the permission to rip the models and upload them to the website? If there's no Nintendo Seal of Approval on this, then this is Copyright Infringement and needs to be deleted or Dragon Spike Works is in jeopardy of being demolished by Nintendo.

Last edited:
You suspect that you do not know it. Even if he is, that doesn't entitle anyone else to break the CoC.
I'm almost certain that it is Dragonharh under another name. Even if it isn't him it cannot be his wife, and is just a front for some random TCW member. They seem to be a lot of Zelda fans joining this forum recently, perhaps this is not a coincidence? I know it sounds ridiculous, but could they be some sort of conspiracy going on where they try to incite serious Trainzers with stuff like Zelda Fairy Magic Train or whatever, provoke us in to reacting and thus getting us banned? I know I sound like a mad conspiracy theorist but who knows what is going on at RCW. I'm sorry, but this needs to be investigated.
P.S I have deleted my second post on this thread pertaining VIA6145's identity but saved it in a word document for posterity's sake.

This is a file pertaining to Spirit Tracks.
Licensing
This file depicts work from a copyrighted video game or otherwise copyrighted material. The copyright for it is most likely owned by either Nintendo and/or its affiliates or the person or organization that developed the concept. It is believed that its use here constitutes fair use, given that:

• it is used in a non-commercial setting, and therefore is not being used to generate profit in this context
  • its use here does not significantly impede the right of the copyright holder to sell the copyrighted material
  • it is used in a largely unaltered state, where any editing has been done purely for cosmetic/display purposes
  • the original content of the image has not been modified, and it is not a derivative work
MODERATOR COMMENT

An extract from Zeldawiki.org contains the spoiler above justifying Fair Use in accordance with US law. While that may be true for the Zeldawiki site, I question its validity when it appears on the Trainz forums.
I'm not an expert in copyright, licensing, fair use, redistribution or copying. The whole area, even in international copyright law to which most other countries align, is a minefield.

For ALL posters in this thread, a little light reading from different countries to illustrate my point:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

http://digital-law-online.info/lpdi1.0/treatise30.html

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/copyright.jsp

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#domain

If it is proven that copyright infringement of a corporate body or a person has occurred, permanent banning is likely from Trainz. I do not consider that Fair Use can be claimed.
I have referred this matter to N3V for further consideration. You have until 31 Mar 14 to provide irrefutable proof to N3V that one or more of you have permission from the original creator to use the images in part or whole.

Until such time as the OP or Zeldaboy or any other person reproducing Trainz images and claiming to have copyright of Spirit of Zelda material can prove beyond a shadow of doubt that they are not in breach of copyright this thread is closed.

Last edited:
I probably should have told you to remove that train a while ago. I forgot about that thing to be honest. So yeah, if you could remove that train it'd be nice. I would also take down your Code Lyoko models since I have not heard back from the developers with their stance on content porting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back