UMR is down

Lewiscc65

The computer that I was running the session on went down. I am in the process of trying to get in touch with Mike and get it restarted. I will have the session back up as sone as I can. Carl

I am going to log on soon to check it out and play on this server if I like it. I am downloading the asset (at a painful speed for some reason) now, and will most likely be afk when I join in today. I hope I can get on tonight.

Burn_E99 - Unless you have purchased and activated a First Class Ticket, you will have problems downloading and installing all the required parts for the route/session in one go.

Shane

A FCT or First Class Ticket removes the download stations speed, and size cap. However, it is a item you have to buy.

I see my current download speed is around 7kbps, which is severely limited, and also I see I have at least 1 GB queued to download. This is going to take quite a bit of time...:(

size cap is a 100MB quota your downloads must be under. the quota lasts for 1 day, approximately. at this rate, it would take you about 2 1/2 weeks to download all of that.

Crap....That really sucks....Does the content manage save your download helper queue when you close it?

EDIT:

It actually would be closer to 12 days...

Last edited:
It does save the queue, yes. However, it's been said quite a few times - users need a FCT if they are going to download a route/session with all it's dependencies in a reasonable timeframe.

Shane

Downloading the UMR requires a FCT or some patience. Trust me; I feel your pain: The first time I downloaded the UMR was without a FCT and it took 8 days back then.

I think the route is worth the patience.

I agree it does not cost much, but I have to ask my parents to get it, and I found out I can get it in a week, which by then I will have UMR downloaded. From what it sounds like, I think I will really enjoy it. :)

I got my FCT! Will be downloading the remaining 700MB tomorrow night, as I am currently downloading the Aerotrain (The coolest DLC Auran has made, in my opinion :p ), and cannot use the Content Downloader and run Trainz 12 at the same time (as far as I know). I should be on the MP session Tues this week, but not again until sunday, as I will be out of state for wed-sat. Wish me and my FRC (FIRST Robotics Competition) team good luck as we go to our season's first competition! :):)

I am about 3 days trying complete the download of UMR 2014 V9.0, but I can't download Oil Tanker Global Challenger and Car 52 from Content Manager. How can I grab it?

Once again the computer that we are running the session on went down. I am in the process of trying to get in touch with Mike and get it restarted. I will have the session back up as sone as I can. Carl

I am sorry to report that Mike and I have lost the system we were using to run this game 24/7. For now it will be down till we can come up with another system. I want to thank all persons who played help make the session the best.

Carl

Last edited:
Back