Screenshot of The Week: Feb 18 to Feb 25 2014 (Winter)

Retro00064

This week's theme: Winter shots.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on February 25 at 12:00 a.m. UTC (February 24 at 7:00 p.m. here in the eastern U.S.), after which point voting will begin.

Next week will have no theme.

Please feel free to PM me with ideas for themes or other suggestions for the contest. They are much appreciated!

Good luck. :)

Regards,

Zachary.

[URL=http://s978.photobucket.com/user/mcarrara1/media/carr_Trainz00148_zps342d99e6.jpg.html]
carr_Trainz00148_zps342d99e6.jpg
[/URL]

9320 Cools off in the shed, after getting stuck in a siding, while an unidentified SW1500 sits next to it, after rescuing the stricken locomotive.

An Early morning manifest train roars through the fog and rain at Laton Ca. The fog can get so thick out here that we can't even see the tracks from the cab of the train! The Bakersfield Sub Diorama is available through PM (also asking donations, small town + ruff economy = no jobs.) Cheers William
bvj2.jpg

75b1c1aecb316ff2d6e2d0cec76520fb.jpg

New York Central fast freight NY4 rounds a curve in December of 1948. These Alco FAs are only a few months old, but due to a road power shortage, these units were assigned in lieu of the usual Mohawk. In just a few years, Alco FAs would take over as regulars on this train.

Last edited:
Good day Oknotsen,

I have assumed SSoTW responsibilities for the moment. You may also notice that I have updated Zach's previous competition thread (past voting date) and tallied the winners.
I have also decided to carry out future competitions in a simplified and easier-to-navigate format as follows:

Screenshots
navArrowOrangeDown.png

Submissions closed, voting begins
navArrowOrangeDown.png

Voting
navArrowOrangeDown.png

Voting closed, winner announced
navArrowOrangeDown.png

/thread

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Last edited:
I have assumed SSoTW responsibilities for the moment.
I also offered. I didn't hear any response yet, so I am a bit surprised there is a replacement without getting a "thanks but we found someone" PM.
Anyway,
Happy someone took over.
I suggest you make some sort of announcement post that covers you taking over and the new procedure. Having it hidden in the screenshot topic may feel "easy" but not "easy to find".
I personally liked the two separate topics; easy to find what is where and no cluttering of discussion / questions about screenshots and votes in one topic. In other words: Give it some more thoughts ;).

You may also notice that I have updated Zach's previous competition thread (past voting date) and tallied the winners.
No, mainly because an edited topic does not light up.
So my advise to you: Post the winner below the topic as people simply don't read topics that don't have a new post.

Back