Asset repair request

My bad...Glasses need cleaned, and I'm on Snowplow alert out here in Lancaster County...Guess I shouldn't watch Forums, Weather Channel, NCIS and Facebook all at once...lol

No problem, good luck with tomorrow and Friday. Sometimes I kick myself for not staying in Florida. lol

WHAT ARE THE ERRORS.
What are the names of the assets
Does the configuration file list a web site.
46162:8063 and 73016:4
If it is payware and I don't have them I must know the errors so i can walk you thru the repair.

I just checked 73016:4 is on the DLS, 5th May 2003.

Ah, thanks, didn't have the older boxes checked. But it's a TC3 update and, not surprisingly, no errors, only warnings.

OK, let's take one item at the time: The 46162:38063 is an HP track, and it has bridgesound quite realistic. It works up to 49922, but not on the latest upgrades. Is not payware and the error I see is this:

This asset uses an obsolete trainz number...
The texture txt file is missing for texture resurce 'railsection_sleepers.texture'.
The texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'railspline_text/railsplne_tex.texture'.

I tried to contact the creator but no answer. Just detailed instructions of what to do... will do.

In fact, none of the other assets are payware.

The version I just downloaded (HP Track conc dark bridgesound,<kuid:46162:38063>) in CMP installed with no errors or warnings in version 49922. Perhaps try deleting it and redownloading it from the DLS.

...and it works in 58414 with no errors or warnings either. The texture.txt files are all there in both versions.

Very interesting, but in my 61388, the texture files are not there! (missing?) and I have downloaded and tried several ways to no effect. Any suggestions? Going back to the 73016:6, Yes is there, but all textures are wrong for this built. I tried to fix things with PM2IM, it does the conversion, but still no show!

Very interesting, but in my 61388, the texture files are not there! (missing?) and I have downloaded and tried several ways to no effect. Any suggestions? Going back to the 73016:6, Yes is there, but all textures are wrong for this built. I tried to fix things with PM2IM, it does the conversion, but still no show!

No idea. I just checked that loco and also no errors. What do you mean by the "textures are wrong"? I get warnings for uniform colors, but that doesn't mean they're wrong; just less than ideal in terms of efficiency. There were a few warnings in 58414. Maybe someone else with 61388 can confirm, but I can't help but wonder if your installation is corrupt.

Just checked all three assets listed on this thread in 63188. All downloaded and committed with no warnings or errors whatsoever.
Correction, warnings did not automatically appear. Convert PM meshes to IM using PEVSoft PM2IM. Mesh tables and thumbnail containers can be created using AssetX2. An IM mesh may be beneficial but PM still works.

Last edited:
I've uninstalled the game twice :( One file is messing up like 80 files!!!! Please help
Error: Not authorised to commit changes to asset <kuid:-3:10044>

I've uninstalled the game twice :( One file is messing up like 80 files!!!! Please help
Error: Not authorised to commit changes to asset <kuid:-3:10044>

You don't need to commit it as that asset is built into TS12. If it is showing as modified and/or open for edit try using the revert command.

Back